Feb 26, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Burns, 27, left Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Dallas just five minutes into the first period, and didn’t return.
It’s unclear what the injury is, or if it’s related to the lower-body issue that hampered Burns to start the year.
He’s only played in six of San Jose’s 17 games this season and looked out of sorts when in the lineup, failing to register a point while sporting a minus-5 rating.
Irwin, 25, has appeared in nine games for the Sharks this season, posting 1G-1A-2PTS while averaging 18:43 time on ice.
Yesterday, CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz reported that Burns would miss at least two games with the injury.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)