Feb 26, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
Burns, 27, left Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Dallas just five minutes into the first period, and didn’t return.
It’s unclear what the injury is, or if it’s related to the lower-body issue that hampered Burns to start the year.
He’s only played in six of San Jose’s 17 games this season and looked out of sorts when in the lineup, failing to register a point while sporting a minus-5 rating.
Irwin, 25, has appeared in nine games for the Sharks this season, posting 1G-1A-2PTS while averaging 18:43 time on ice.
Yesterday, CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz reported that Burns would miss at least two games with the injury.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)