Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
The Nashville Predators have placed Brian McGrattan on waivers.
McGrattan, 31, only appeared in two games for the Predators this season, averaging 6:17 of ice time.
The team re-signed him to a one-year, $600,000 deal last summer after he appeared in 30 games during the 2011-12 campaign, registering two assists and 61 PIM.
Long known as one of the NHL’s fiercest fighters, it’s possible McGrattan could catch on with a team looking to add toughness to the lineup.
For a better sense of McGrattan’s pugilistic prowess, check out this scrap from last season against Toronto’s Jay Rosehill:
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)