Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have placed Brian McGrattan on waivers.
McGrattan, 31, only appeared in two games for the Predators this season, averaging 6:17 of ice time.
The team re-signed him to a one-year, $600,000 deal last summer after he appeared in 30 games during the 2011-12 campaign, registering two assists and 61 PIM.
Long known as one of the NHL’s fiercest fighters, it’s possible McGrattan could catch on with a team looking to add toughness to the lineup.
For a better sense of McGrattan’s pugilistic prowess, check out this scrap from last season against Toronto’s Jay Rosehill:
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)