Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
The Nashville Predators have placed Brian McGrattan on waivers.
McGrattan, 31, only appeared in two games for the Predators this season, averaging 6:17 of ice time.
The team re-signed him to a one-year, $600,000 deal last summer after he appeared in 30 games during the 2011-12 campaign, registering two assists and 61 PIM.
Long known as one of the NHL’s fiercest fighters, it’s possible McGrattan could catch on with a team looking to add toughness to the lineup.
For a better sense of McGrattan’s pugilistic prowess, check out this scrap from last season against Toronto’s Jay Rosehill:
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5