Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have placed Brian McGrattan on waivers.
McGrattan, 31, only appeared in two games for the Predators this season, averaging 6:17 of ice time.
The team re-signed him to a one-year, $600,000 deal last summer after he appeared in 30 games during the 2011-12 campaign, registering two assists and 61 PIM.
Long known as one of the NHL’s fiercest fighters, it’s possible McGrattan could catch on with a team looking to add toughness to the lineup.
For a better sense of McGrattan’s pugilistic prowess, check out this scrap from last season against Toronto’s Jay Rosehill:
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)