Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have placed Brian McGrattan on waivers.
McGrattan, 31, only appeared in two games for the Predators this season, averaging 6:17 of ice time.
The team re-signed him to a one-year, $600,000 deal last summer after he appeared in 30 games during the 2011-12 campaign, registering two assists and 61 PIM.
Long known as one of the NHL’s fiercest fighters, it’s possible McGrattan could catch on with a team looking to add toughness to the lineup.
For a better sense of McGrattan’s pugilistic prowess, check out this scrap from last season against Toronto’s Jay Rosehill:
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)