Feb 26, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
“There’s not a specific schedule for that right now in terms of physical activity,” Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said today in Florida, where his team will take on the Panthers tonight, minus Malkin.
“The protocol and resting with a concussion, he’s following that right now.”
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
In other Penguins news, goalie Tomas Vokoun will get the start tonight. The 36-year-old’s last outing, Wednesday versus the Flyers, was a rough one, as he surrendered six goals on 32 shots in a 6-5 loss.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 21
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27