Feb 26, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
“There’s not a specific schedule for that right now in terms of physical activity,” Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said today in Florida, where his team will take on the Panthers tonight, minus Malkin.
“The protocol and resting with a concussion, he’s following that right now.”
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
In other Penguins news, goalie Tomas Vokoun will get the start tonight. The 36-year-old’s last outing, Wednesday versus the Flyers, was a rough one, as he surrendered six goals on 32 shots in a 6-5 loss.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)