Feb 26, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
“There’s not a specific schedule for that right now in terms of physical activity,” Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said today in Florida, where his team will take on the Panthers tonight, minus Malkin.
“The protocol and resting with a concussion, he’s following that right now.”
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
In other Penguins news, goalie Tomas Vokoun will get the start tonight. The 36-year-old’s last outing, Wednesday versus the Flyers, was a rough one, as he surrendered six goals on 32 shots in a 6-5 loss.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35