Feb 26, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
“There’s not a specific schedule for that right now in terms of physical activity,” Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said today in Florida, where his team will take on the Panthers tonight, minus Malkin.
“The protocol and resting with a concussion, he’s following that right now.”
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
In other Penguins news, goalie Tomas Vokoun will get the start tonight. The 36-year-old’s last outing, Wednesday versus the Flyers, was a rough one, as he surrendered six goals on 32 shots in a 6-5 loss.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 27
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)