Feb 26, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
Last season, the St. Louis Blues won the Central Division despite dealing with a variety of injuries. They might have to be that resilient again this season if Andy McDonald and Alexander Steen suffered serious injuries during Tuesday’s practice.
NHL.com’s Lou Korac reports that Steen appeared to take an elbow to the head while McDonald got tangled up with another player. Steen, 28, was able to leave the ice under his own power while McDonald, 35, couldn’t put weight on his leg after his fall.
Head coach Ken Hitchcock merely said that the team will know more about the two players’ injury situations tomorrow, but the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford reports that Andrew Murray has been recalled for emergency situations. That can’t be a great sign.
Each player was limited in 2011-12, with Steen appearing in 43 games and McDonald played in just 25.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)