Feb 26, 2013, 1:13 AM EDT
Perhaps it’s because they were due.
After being shutout in back-to-back games against the Vancouver Canucks and Detroit Red Wings, the Nashville Predators erupted for five goals in a 5-4 overtime win over the visiting Dallas Stars Monday.
Did we mention the Predators came into the game with the worst goals-for per game average in the entire National Hockey League? With their scoring outburst against the Stars, Nashville suddenly shot up two spots into 28th – ahead of the Columbus Blue Jackets and Minnesota Wild. Next in the Predators’ sights is Edmonton.
“The last couple of games, he’s played with a lot of jump,” Predators head coach Barry Trotz told NHL.com of Josi.
“I think he’s finding himself as a player in this League. He’s very comfortable and he’s playing in all situations and he’s becoming a very important part of our team.”
Meanwhile, the Stars continue to hover around the Western Conference post-season cutoff line. They sit seventh in the conference, with seven teams separated by only three points behind them.
In an online chat Monday, Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw took questions about the Stars. He replied to one inquiry about a new coach perhaps turning the fortunes of the team by starting: “It may take a new coach…,” before giving just a little bit of leeway.
Worth pointing out that Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan is a sophomore in the NHL.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)