Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
Marian Hossa caused an eruption among Chicago Blackhawks fans with the overtime goal against the Edmonton Oilers Monday.
That was only 1:44 from the start of overtime, which symbolized the Blackhawks historical streak of 19 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 regular season. The Blackhawks are 16-0-3 and their 35 points put them eight ahead of the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference, before the Ducks took the ice Monday against the L.A. Kings.
Hossa was, as per NHL.com, the first star of the game in the Blackhawks 3-2 comeback win over Edmonton. He could barely get a word in at first during his ice-level interview with CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13