Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM EST
Marian Hossa caused an eruption among Chicago Blackhawks fans with the overtime goal against the Edmonton Oilers Monday.
That was only 1:44 from the start of overtime, which symbolized the Blackhawks historical streak of 19 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 regular season. The Blackhawks are 16-0-3 and their 35 points put them eight ahead of the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference, before the Ducks took the ice Monday against the L.A. Kings.
Hossa was, as per NHL.com, the first star of the game in the Blackhawks 3-2 comeback win over Edmonton. He could barely get a word in at first during his ice-level interview with CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14