Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
Marian Hossa caused an eruption among Chicago Blackhawks fans with the overtime goal against the Edmonton Oilers Monday.
That was only 1:44 from the start of overtime, which symbolized the Blackhawks historical streak of 19 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 regular season. The Blackhawks are 16-0-3 and their 35 points put them eight ahead of the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference, before the Ducks took the ice Monday against the L.A. Kings.
Hossa was, as per NHL.com, the first star of the game in the Blackhawks 3-2 comeback win over Edmonton. He could barely get a word in at first during his ice-level interview with CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)