Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM EST
Marian Hossa caused an eruption among Chicago Blackhawks fans with the overtime goal against the Edmonton Oilers Monday.
That was only 1:44 from the start of overtime, which symbolized the Blackhawks historical streak of 19 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 regular season. The Blackhawks are 16-0-3 and their 35 points put them eight ahead of the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference, before the Ducks took the ice Monday against the L.A. Kings.
Hossa was, as per NHL.com, the first star of the game in the Blackhawks 3-2 comeback win over Edmonton. He could barely get a word in at first during his ice-level interview with CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 130
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (131)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)