Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM EDT
Marian Hossa caused an eruption among Chicago Blackhawks fans with the overtime goal against the Edmonton Oilers Monday.
That was only 1:44 from the start of overtime, which symbolized the Blackhawks historical streak of 19 straight games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 regular season. The Blackhawks are 16-0-3 and their 35 points put them eight ahead of the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Western Conference, before the Ducks took the ice Monday against the L.A. Kings.
Hossa was, as per NHL.com, the first star of the game in the Blackhawks 3-2 comeback win over Edmonton. He could barely get a word in at first during his ice-level interview with CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (96)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)