Feb 26, 2013, 10:59 AM EST
Tonight will mark the first time Gabriel Landeskog will face Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart since absorbing this hit on Jan. 26 — a hit that knocked the Avalanche captain out of action for 11 games with a concussion.
So, an opportunity for revenge?
Not according to Landeskog.
“I’m treating it just like any other game,” he told the Denver Post. “It’s a game we need to win, and I’m just concerned with us getting two points.”
Landeskog returned to the Avalanche lineup on Saturday in a 4-1 loss to Los Angeles, recording an assist on Colorado’s lone marker.
(Though, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater, Landeskog could reunite with original linemates Matt Duchene and PA Parenteau on Tuesday.)
Theoretically speaking, Landeskog could just go after Stuart himself if he wanted to — the 20-year-old Avs forward goes 6-foot-1, 204 pounds; Stuart is 6-foot-2, 215 — but, should business need to be taken care of, he could leave it to Patrick Bordeleau and Cody McLeod, Colorado’s resident tough guys.
Whatever the case, it’s pretty obvious Landeskog isn’t focused on fisticuffs.
“We’ve got to find a way to get a win,” he told the Post. “We know we need to put points on the board, and it starts with me.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)