Feb 26, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
Tonight will mark the first time Gabriel Landeskog will face Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart since absorbing this hit on Jan. 26 — a hit that knocked the Avalanche captain out of action for 11 games with a concussion.
So, an opportunity for revenge?
Not according to Landeskog.
“I’m treating it just like any other game,” he told the Denver Post. “It’s a game we need to win, and I’m just concerned with us getting two points.”
Landeskog returned to the Avalanche lineup on Saturday in a 4-1 loss to Los Angeles, recording an assist on Colorado’s lone marker.
(Though, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater, Landeskog could reunite with original linemates Matt Duchene and PA Parenteau on Tuesday.)
Theoretically speaking, Landeskog could just go after Stuart himself if he wanted to — the 20-year-old Avs forward goes 6-foot-1, 204 pounds; Stuart is 6-foot-2, 215 — but, should business need to be taken care of, he could leave it to Patrick Bordeleau and Cody McLeod, Colorado’s resident tough guys.
Whatever the case, it’s pretty obvious Landeskog isn’t focused on fisticuffs.
“We’ve got to find a way to get a win,” he told the Post. “We know we need to put points on the board, and it starts with me.”
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 41
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 4
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination