Feb 26, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
Tonight will mark the first time Gabriel Landeskog will face Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart since absorbing this hit on Jan. 26 — a hit that knocked the Avalanche captain out of action for 11 games with a concussion.
So, an opportunity for revenge?
Not according to Landeskog.
“I’m treating it just like any other game,” he told the Denver Post. “It’s a game we need to win, and I’m just concerned with us getting two points.”
Landeskog returned to the Avalanche lineup on Saturday in a 4-1 loss to Los Angeles, recording an assist on Colorado’s lone marker.
(Though, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater, Landeskog could reunite with original linemates Matt Duchene and PA Parenteau on Tuesday.)
Theoretically speaking, Landeskog could just go after Stuart himself if he wanted to — the 20-year-old Avs forward goes 6-foot-1, 204 pounds; Stuart is 6-foot-2, 215 — but, should business need to be taken care of, he could leave it to Patrick Bordeleau and Cody McLeod, Colorado’s resident tough guys.
Whatever the case, it’s pretty obvious Landeskog isn’t focused on fisticuffs.
“We’ve got to find a way to get a win,” he told the Post. “We know we need to put points on the board, and it starts with me.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)