Feb 26, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
Tonight will mark the first time Gabriel Landeskog will face Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart since absorbing this hit on Jan. 26 — a hit that knocked the Avalanche captain out of action for 11 games with a concussion.
So, an opportunity for revenge?
Not according to Landeskog.
“I’m treating it just like any other game,” he told the Denver Post. “It’s a game we need to win, and I’m just concerned with us getting two points.”
Landeskog returned to the Avalanche lineup on Saturday in a 4-1 loss to Los Angeles, recording an assist on Colorado’s lone marker.
(Though, according to the Post’s Adrian Dater, Landeskog could reunite with original linemates Matt Duchene and PA Parenteau on Tuesday.)
Theoretically speaking, Landeskog could just go after Stuart himself if he wanted to — the 20-year-old Avs forward goes 6-foot-1, 204 pounds; Stuart is 6-foot-2, 215 — but, should business need to be taken care of, he could leave it to Patrick Bordeleau and Cody McLeod, Colorado’s resident tough guys.
Whatever the case, it’s pretty obvious Landeskog isn’t focused on fisticuffs.
“We’ve got to find a way to get a win,” he told the Post. “We know we need to put points on the board, and it starts with me.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)