Feb 26, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Kinkaid, 23, is 17-11-5 with a .905 save percentage this season.
It’s not clear if Kinkaid will travel with the team to Winnipeg for Thursday’s game against the Jets.
Brodeur was unable to start Sunday’s 4-2 home loss to the Jets. The Devils say the injury is not serious.
“That’s the feeling we all have,” general manager Lou Lamoriello said, per The Record. “You never know. But that’s the way we feel.”
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)