Feb 26, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly opted not to lay out those plans (if they currently exist) to RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie on Tuesday.
“We have to deal now with our current realities, not with hypothetical situations in the future,” Daly said. “If and when we have to reconsider alignment in light of changes in franchise make-up and location we will address the relevant issues at that time.”
While he took the wait-and-see approach regarding relocation/expansion, Daly told NHL.com that he hopes to make a larger announcement about realignment soon.
“We have been in discussions with the Players’ Association for the past several weeks on the issue of realignment and we are trying to get to a solution that everybody can live with,” Daly said. “There are no perfect answers here, so we have to do the best we can in trying to adequately address a number of competing concerns. Once we get to a point where we have the Union’s go-ahead, we will present it to our Board of Governors for its consideration. We certainly hope to be in a position to announce something in the relatively near term.”
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20