Feb 26, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly opted not to lay out those plans (if they currently exist) to RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie on Tuesday.
“We have to deal now with our current realities, not with hypothetical situations in the future,” Daly said. “If and when we have to reconsider alignment in light of changes in franchise make-up and location we will address the relevant issues at that time.”
While he took the wait-and-see approach regarding relocation/expansion, Daly told NHL.com that he hopes to make a larger announcement about realignment soon.
“We have been in discussions with the Players’ Association for the past several weeks on the issue of realignment and we are trying to get to a solution that everybody can live with,” Daly said. “There are no perfect answers here, so we have to do the best we can in trying to adequately address a number of competing concerns. Once we get to a point where we have the Union’s go-ahead, we will present it to our Board of Governors for its consideration. We certainly hope to be in a position to announce something in the relatively near term.”
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'