Feb 26, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets aren’t just dealing with turmoil in their front office. They’ve been hit hard by injuries during the 2013 season, as well.
Add Brassard, 25, to the forward ranks that include Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov. Their defense is less banged up than it was earlier this season, but two of their highest paid guys (Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski) are on the shelf.
Brassard has been reasonably productive this season, scoring three goals and 10 points in 19 games.
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 116
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (115)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)