Feb 26, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Duchene, 22, leads all Avalanche scorers this season with 17 points in 17 games, but has gone scoreless in his last three games while posting a minus-4 rating.
He was also held to just 15:28 in ice time during Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Kings, way down from the 21:22 he’s averaging per game this season.
Duchene didn’t participate in Tuesday’s morning skate and, according to Dater, has not been given a timetable to return by the club.
The Avalanche are already without the services of Steve Downie, who was lost for the year after tearing his ACL in January, as well as defensemen Erik Johnson (head) and Ryan Wilson (leg), both of whom are on injured reserve.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)