Feb 26, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Duchene, 22, leads all Avalanche scorers this season with 17 points in 17 games, but has gone scoreless in his last three games while posting a minus-4 rating.
He was also held to just 15:28 in ice time during Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Kings, way down from the 21:22 he’s averaging per game this season.
Duchene didn’t participate in Tuesday’s morning skate and, according to Dater, has not been given a timetable to return by the club.
The Avalanche are already without the services of Steve Downie, who was lost for the year after tearing his ACL in January, as well as defensemen Erik Johnson (head) and Ryan Wilson (leg), both of whom are on injured reserve.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5