Feb 26, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Duchene, 22, leads all Avalanche scorers this season with 17 points in 17 games, but has gone scoreless in his last three games while posting a minus-4 rating.
He was also held to just 15:28 in ice time during Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Kings, way down from the 21:22 he’s averaging per game this season.
Duchene didn’t participate in Tuesday’s morning skate and, according to Dater, has not been given a timetable to return by the club.
The Avalanche are already without the services of Steve Downie, who was lost for the year after tearing his ACL in January, as well as defensemen Erik Johnson (head) and Ryan Wilson (leg), both of whom are on injured reserve.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)