Feb 25, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
“He’s doing better. Hopefully just a calm day today,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Pioneer Press. “Obviously [the hit was] pretty scary but encouraging that he’s getting better quickly.”
Clutterbuck sat out Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Calgary, and has officially been ruled out for when the two teams meet again on Tuesday in Minnesota.
As for the rest of this week — Minnesota has games in Phoenix on Thursday and in Anaheim on Friday, so it’s possible he could be back in the mix before the weekend.
Minnesota will be anxious to get Clutterbuck back in the lineup soon. He leads the team in hits this year, with 49, and the Wild were out-hit 13-11 by the Flames on Saturday.
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 4
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 3
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 46
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)