Feb 25, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
“He’s doing better. Hopefully just a calm day today,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Pioneer Press. “Obviously [the hit was] pretty scary but encouraging that he’s getting better quickly.”
Clutterbuck sat out Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Calgary, and has officially been ruled out for when the two teams meet again on Tuesday in Minnesota.
As for the rest of this week — Minnesota has games in Phoenix on Thursday and in Anaheim on Friday, so it’s possible he could be back in the mix before the weekend.
Minnesota will be anxious to get Clutterbuck back in the lineup soon. He leads the team in hits this year, with 49, and the Wild were out-hit 13-11 by the Flames on Saturday.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 3
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 68
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 70
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (70)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (69)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (66)