Feb 25, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Vancouver Canucks forwards Henrik and Daniel Sedin got off to a superb start on Sunday against the Detroit Red Wings.
The twins had already combined for a goal when Henrik Sedin fed the puck towards Detroit’s back boards from center ice. Meanwhile his twin brother, Daniel, charged towards the Detroit zone, scooped up the puck and swiftly beat goaltender Jimmy Howard.
You can watch the play below:
Unfortunately for the Canucks, the Sedin twins’ efforts weren’t enough of Sunday. Although Vancouver left the first period with a 3-2 lead, Detroit responded with five unanswered goals against netminder Roberto Luongo.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7