Feb 25, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Vancouver Canucks forwards Henrik and Daniel Sedin got off to a superb start on Sunday against the Detroit Red Wings.
The twins had already combined for a goal when Henrik Sedin fed the puck towards Detroit’s back boards from center ice. Meanwhile his twin brother, Daniel, charged towards the Detroit zone, scooped up the puck and swiftly beat goaltender Jimmy Howard.
You can watch the play below:
Unfortunately for the Canucks, the Sedin twins’ efforts weren’t enough of Sunday. Although Vancouver left the first period with a 3-2 lead, Detroit responded with five unanswered goals against netminder Roberto Luongo.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9