Feb 25, 2013, 8:50 AM EDT
Vancouver Canucks forwards Henrik and Daniel Sedin got off to a superb start on Sunday against the Detroit Red Wings.
The twins had already combined for a goal when Henrik Sedin fed the puck towards Detroit’s back boards from center ice. Meanwhile his twin brother, Daniel, charged towards the Detroit zone, scooped up the puck and swiftly beat goaltender Jimmy Howard.
You can watch the play below:
Unfortunately for the Canucks, the Sedin twins’ efforts weren’t enough of Sunday. Although Vancouver left the first period with a 3-2 lead, Detroit responded with five unanswered goals against netminder Roberto Luongo.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115