Feb 25, 2013, 11:13 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to play with truculence, a adage made famous by former general manager Brian Burke.
Leafs forward Mike Brown dropped the gloves with Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Tye McGinn immediately after a neutral zone faceoff in the first period of Monday’s game, and a bout of fisticuffs it turned out to be. Brown originally went to the ice, but got back up to keep exchanging punches with McGinn, who was cut open in the fight.
McGinn’s jersey was also ripped in the fight.
The Leafs made it four wins in their last six games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54