Feb 25, 2013, 11:13 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to play with truculence, a adage made famous by former general manager Brian Burke.
Leafs forward Mike Brown dropped the gloves with Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Tye McGinn immediately after a neutral zone faceoff in the first period of Monday’s game, and a bout of fisticuffs it turned out to be. Brown originally went to the ice, but got back up to keep exchanging punches with McGinn, who was cut open in the fight.
McGinn’s jersey was also ripped in the fight.
The Leafs made it four wins in their last six games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 14
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)