Feb 25, 2013, 11:13 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to play with truculence, a adage made famous by former general manager Brian Burke.
Leafs forward Mike Brown dropped the gloves with Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Tye McGinn immediately after a neutral zone faceoff in the first period of Monday’s game, and a bout of fisticuffs it turned out to be. Brown originally went to the ice, but got back up to keep exchanging punches with McGinn, who was cut open in the fight.
McGinn’s jersey was also ripped in the fight.
The Leafs made it four wins in their last six games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)