Feb 25, 2013, 11:13 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to play with truculence, a adage made famous by former general manager Brian Burke.
Leafs forward Mike Brown dropped the gloves with Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Tye McGinn immediately after a neutral zone faceoff in the first period of Monday’s game, and a bout of fisticuffs it turned out to be. Brown originally went to the ice, but got back up to keep exchanging punches with McGinn, who was cut open in the fight.
McGinn’s jersey was also ripped in the fight.
The Leafs made it four wins in their last six games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the Flyers.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)