Feb 25, 2013, 11:13 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to play with truculence, a adage made famous by former general manager Brian Burke.
Leafs forward Mike Brown dropped the gloves with Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Tye McGinn immediately after a neutral zone faceoff in the first period of Monday’s game, and a bout of fisticuffs it turned out to be. Brown originally went to the ice, but got back up to keep exchanging punches with McGinn, who was cut open in the fight.
McGinn’s jersey was also ripped in the fight.
The Leafs made it four wins in their last six games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11