Feb 25, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Brent Burns‘ nightmare season continues.
That was the word out of San Jose on Monday — the Sharks defenseman will reportedly miss the next two games with an undisclosed injury, CSN Bay Area reports.
Burns, 27, left Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Dallas just five minutes into the first period, and didn’t return.
It’s unclear what the injury is, or if it’s related to the lower-body issue that hampered Burns to start the year — he’s only played in six of San Jose’s 17 games this year and looked out of sorts when in the lineup.
Burns has yet to register a point this season and boasts an ugly minus-5 rating.
The Sharks, who have just one win in their last 10, will begin a three-game homestand on Tuesday against Colorado, then follow it up with a date against Detroit on Thursday — those being the two games Burns will miss.
He could be back for Saturday’s date against Nashville.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (81)