Feb 25, 2013, 5:27 PM EST
Brent Burns‘ nightmare season continues.
That was the word out of San Jose on Monday — the Sharks defenseman will reportedly miss the next two games with an undisclosed injury, CSN Bay Area reports.
Burns, 27, left Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Dallas just five minutes into the first period, and didn’t return.
It’s unclear what the injury is, or if it’s related to the lower-body issue that hampered Burns to start the year — he’s only played in six of San Jose’s 17 games this year and looked out of sorts when in the lineup.
Burns has yet to register a point this season and boasts an ugly minus-5 rating.
The Sharks, who have just one win in their last 10, will begin a three-game homestand on Tuesday against Colorado, then follow it up with a date against Detroit on Thursday — those being the two games Burns will miss.
He could be back for Saturday’s date against Nashville.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)