Feb 25, 2013, 5:27 PM EST
Brent Burns‘ nightmare season continues.
That was the word out of San Jose on Monday — the Sharks defenseman will reportedly miss the next two games with an undisclosed injury, CSN Bay Area reports.
Burns, 27, left Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Dallas just five minutes into the first period, and didn’t return.
It’s unclear what the injury is, or if it’s related to the lower-body issue that hampered Burns to start the year — he’s only played in six of San Jose’s 17 games this year and looked out of sorts when in the lineup.
Burns has yet to register a point this season and boasts an ugly minus-5 rating.
The Sharks, who have just one win in their last 10, will begin a three-game homestand on Tuesday against Colorado, then follow it up with a date against Detroit on Thursday — those being the two games Burns will miss.
He could be back for Saturday’s date against Nashville.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 9
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2