Feb 25, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
Brent Burns‘ nightmare season continues.
That was the word out of San Jose on Monday — the Sharks defenseman will reportedly miss the next two games with an undisclosed injury, CSN Bay Area reports.
Burns, 27, left Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Dallas just five minutes into the first period, and didn’t return.
It’s unclear what the injury is, or if it’s related to the lower-body issue that hampered Burns to start the year — he’s only played in six of San Jose’s 17 games this year and looked out of sorts when in the lineup.
Burns has yet to register a point this season and boasts an ugly minus-5 rating.
The Sharks, who have just one win in their last 10, will begin a three-game homestand on Tuesday against Colorado, then follow it up with a date against Detroit on Thursday — those being the two games Burns will miss.
He could be back for Saturday’s date against Nashville.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 24
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)