Feb 25, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
The run of defenseman signings continued in Detroit on Monday, as the Red Wings gave Brian Lashoff a three-year contract extension.
Lashoff, 22, went undrafted out of the Ontario Hockey League but signed an entry-level free agent deal with the Wings in 2008, eventually becoming a fixture with AHL Grand Rapids.
He made his NHL debut with Detroit in January and has gone on to be a pleasant surprise, notching 1G-2A-3PTS in 15 games while playing close to 19 minutes a night.
“He’s not maybe a flashy guy but he’s getting the job done every night, making the right decision all the time.”
As mentioned earlier, Lashoff’s deal is just the latest in a string of blueline signings.
Earlier today, the Washington Capitals re-upped with John Erskine, Pittsburgh agreed to a one-year deal with veteran defenseman Mark Eaton and the Phoenix Coyotes inked an extension with impending RFA defenseman David Schlemko.
Update: Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports the deal is for $2.715 million (average annual cap hit of $725k) and is a one-way deal for all three years.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)