Feb 25, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
The run of defenseman signings continued in Detroit on Monday, as the Red Wings gave Brian Lashoff a three-year contract extension.
Lashoff, 22, went undrafted out of the Ontario Hockey League but signed an entry-level free agent deal with the Wings in 2008, eventually becoming a fixture with AHL Grand Rapids.
He made his NHL debut with Detroit in January and has gone on to be a pleasant surprise, notching 1G-2A-3PTS in 15 games while playing close to 19 minutes a night.
“He’s not maybe a flashy guy but he’s getting the job done every night, making the right decision all the time.”
As mentioned earlier, Lashoff’s deal is just the latest in a string of blueline signings.
Earlier today, the Washington Capitals re-upped with John Erskine, Pittsburgh agreed to a one-year deal with veteran defenseman Mark Eaton and the Phoenix Coyotes inked an extension with impending RFA defenseman David Schlemko.
Update: Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports the deal is for $2.715 million (average annual cap hit of $725k) and is a one-way deal for all three years.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 53
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)