Feb 25, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Looking to build on Saturday’s 5-1 victory over New Jersey, the Washington Capitals should have puck-moving defenseman Mike Green back in the lineup Tuesday when they host Carolina.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” Green said Monday, per the Washington Post.
The 27-year-old has missed the last three games with a groin injury and, given the trouble he had last season with that area of his body, has been erring on the side of caution with regards to his return.
“The reason why I’m ready to play is I’m 100 percent and it was either battle through it on Saturday or else wait until I’m 100 percent so I could play back-to-backs, so here we are,” said Green.
The Caps also play Wednesday at Philadelphia.
Related: Brouwer slams ex-teammate Semin
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)