Feb 25, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Looking to build on Saturday’s 5-1 victory over New Jersey, the Washington Capitals should have puck-moving defenseman Mike Green back in the lineup Tuesday when they host Carolina.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” Green said Monday, per the Washington Post.
The 27-year-old has missed the last three games with a groin injury and, given the trouble he had last season with that area of his body, has been erring on the side of caution with regards to his return.
“The reason why I’m ready to play is I’m 100 percent and it was either battle through it on Saturday or else wait until I’m 100 percent so I could play back-to-backs, so here we are,” said Green.
The Caps also play Wednesday at Philadelphia.
Related: Brouwer slams ex-teammate Semin
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)