Feb 25, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Looking to build on Saturday’s 5-1 victory over New Jersey, the Washington Capitals should have puck-moving defenseman Mike Green back in the lineup Tuesday when they host Carolina.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” Green said Monday, per the Washington Post.
The 27-year-old has missed the last three games with a groin injury and, given the trouble he had last season with that area of his body, has been erring on the side of caution with regards to his return.
“The reason why I’m ready to play is I’m 100 percent and it was either battle through it on Saturday or else wait until I’m 100 percent so I could play back-to-backs, so here we are,” said Green.
The Caps also play Wednesday at Philadelphia.
Related: Brouwer slams ex-teammate Semin
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)