Feb 25, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
With four days between Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Columbus and Thursday’s home game versus the Blackhawks, the St. Louis Blues are taking the time to work on a few things.
And by work, we mean work.
Today, head coach Ken Hitchcock put his players through a fast-paced practice with the goal of, in TJ Oshie‘s words, “learning stuff while we’re tired.”
“We’re trying to make guys play with proper precision while being tired, and that’s the big challenge,” Hitchcock said, per the Post-Dispatch. “We’re trying to push it to another level. Our guys were serious and really focused.”
The Blues have won four of their last six contests after a five-game losing streak that saw last season’s best defensive team surrender far too many goals (and Hitchock coin the phrase “home stand from hell.”)
Of course, it’s hard for a team to win games when it’s not getting good goaltending, and St. Louis wasn’t even getting average goaltending from Brian Elliott during that losing streak.
Now that Jaroslav Halak is back and healthy, the Blues should be in position to put some wins together.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)