Feb 25, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
With four days between Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Columbus and Thursday’s home game versus the Blackhawks, the St. Louis Blues are taking the time to work on a few things.
And by work, we mean work.
Today, head coach Ken Hitchcock put his players through a fast-paced practice with the goal of, in TJ Oshie‘s words, “learning stuff while we’re tired.”
“We’re trying to make guys play with proper precision while being tired, and that’s the big challenge,” Hitchcock said, per the Post-Dispatch. “We’re trying to push it to another level. Our guys were serious and really focused.”
The Blues have won four of their last six contests after a five-game losing streak that saw last season’s best defensive team surrender far too many goals (and Hitchock coin the phrase “home stand from hell.”)
Of course, it’s hard for a team to win games when it’s not getting good goaltending, and St. Louis wasn’t even getting average goaltending from Brian Elliott during that losing streak.
Now that Jaroslav Halak is back and healthy, the Blues should be in position to put some wins together.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)