Feb 25, 2013, 7:29 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers and Calgary Flames have swapped minor league forwards, according to PhiladelphiaFlyers.com reporter Anthony SanFilippo.
The Flyers will receive 23-year-old center Mitch Wahl, Calgary’s second-round pick (48th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Wahl, a former scoring sensation with WHL Spokane, has split time between Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Abbotsford and ECHL Utah this season.
The Flames will receive 26-year-old forward Mike Testwuide.
An undrafted free agent out of Colorado College, Testwuide has spent the last three seasons with Philly’s AHL affiliate in Adirondack.
This year he’s appeared in 19 games for the Phantoms, scoring two goals while racking up 27 PIM.
Wahl will reportedly be assigned to Adirondack while Testwuide is likely off to Abbotsford.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)