Feb 25, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers and Calgary Flames have swapped minor league forwards, according to PhiladelphiaFlyers.com reporter Anthony SanFilippo.
The Flyers will receive 23-year-old center Mitch Wahl, Calgary’s second-round pick (48th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Wahl, a former scoring sensation with WHL Spokane, has split time between Calgary’s AHL affiliate in Abbotsford and ECHL Utah this season.
The Flames will receive 26-year-old forward Mike Testwuide.
An undrafted free agent out of Colorado College, Testwuide has spent the last three seasons with Philly’s AHL affiliate in Adirondack.
This year he’s appeared in 19 games for the Phantoms, scoring two goals while racking up 27 PIM.
Wahl will reportedly be assigned to Adirondack while Testwuide is likely off to Abbotsford.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 37
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 31
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 26
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)