Feb 25, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have re-upped with defenseman David Schlemko on a two-year, $2.375 million deal with an average annual value of $1.1875 million.
Schlemko, 25, has played in nine games for the Coyotes this year, recording two assists while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
Undrafted out of WHL Medicine Hat, Schlemko signed an entry-level with the ‘Yotes in 2007, then re-upped with the club in 2010 on a three-year, $1.65 million deal ($550k annually.)
This latest deal represents a significant pay raise for the steady, two-way defenseman that was set to become a restricted free agent at season’s end.
He’s been a regular on the Phoenix back-end over the last two years, but has had injury issues — he missed 14 games during the 2010-11 season with a head injury and another 28 last season with a lower-body issue.
Schlemko is currently on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, suffered during a early-February game against Minnesota.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s currently no deal in place for the games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
He’s expected to have surgery today.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Ovechkin looks to bump the slump as the Caps try to avoid falling behind 3-1 in their series with the Islanders.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
The GM hasn’t taken kindly to recent criticism of his hockey club.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Apr 21, 2015, 1:52 AM EDT
The Jets, and Winnipeg, feel the crush of defeat.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 AM EDT
Down 2-1 in the series.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
Another comeback victory for Anaheim.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk produces his first playoff shutout.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
It drew a two-minute roughing penalty.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
No call on the first collision.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Will shifting locales produce interesting results?
Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
A close-to-perfect road effort from New York.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
New Jersey’s only player who went under the knife this offseason.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:51 PM EDT
He needs some help, though.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
Sleepy start by Pittsburgh.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
His issue is an upper-body injury.
Apr 20, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
But will he be around to see it happen?
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 5
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (98)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)