Feb 25, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have re-upped with defenseman David Schlemko on a two-year, $2.375 million deal with an average annual value of $1.1875 million.
Schlemko, 25, has played in nine games for the Coyotes this year, recording two assists while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
Undrafted out of WHL Medicine Hat, Schlemko signed an entry-level with the ‘Yotes in 2007, then re-upped with the club in 2010 on a three-year, $1.65 million deal ($550k annually.)
This latest deal represents a significant pay raise for the steady, two-way defenseman that was set to become a restricted free agent at season’s end.
He’s been a regular on the Phoenix back-end over the last two years, but has had injury issues — he missed 14 games during the 2010-11 season with a head injury and another 28 last season with a lower-body issue.
Schlemko is currently on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, suffered during a early-February game against Minnesota.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
They both finished in the top 10 in minutes in 2014-15.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:57 AM EDT
He made his NHL debut during the 2013-14 campaign before his career was derailed.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:03 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
He played with four different NHL teams last season.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
It’s not all about the Zac Rinaldo trade, although that certainly didn’t help.
Jun 29, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
He establish himself with the team after years of work primarily in the AHL.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
San Jose still has an opening on its blueline.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
He’ll start the season as Vancouver’s backup goaltender.
Jun 29, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
They are now set to become unrestricted free agents.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly earn $1 million next season.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Toronto, Calgary and Pittsburgh are amongst the teams, which have reached out.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:54 PM EDT
The payment will be made on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Bill Hay and Peter Karmanos Jr. are also going in as builders.
Jun 29, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Also inside is information about the potential cap recapture situation the Kings might be stuck with.
Jun 29, 2015, 3:53 PM EDT
Jun 29, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Processing Monday’s surprising termination.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Could make about a $15 million difference …
Jun 29, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
The 24-year-old’s three-year, $2.7 million deal is set to expire on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
If accurate, that’s $10.4M between Niemi and Kari Lehtonen.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
The 24-year-old was a pending restricted free agent.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (99)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)