Feb 25, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have re-upped with defenseman David Schlemko on a two-year, $2.375 million deal with an average annual value of $1.1875 million.
Schlemko, 25, has played in nine games for the Coyotes this year, recording two assists while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
Undrafted out of WHL Medicine Hat, Schlemko signed an entry-level with the ‘Yotes in 2007, then re-upped with the club in 2010 on a three-year, $1.65 million deal ($550k annually.)
This latest deal represents a significant pay raise for the steady, two-way defenseman that was set to become a restricted free agent at season’s end.
He’s been a regular on the Phoenix back-end over the last two years, but has had injury issues — he missed 14 games during the 2010-11 season with a head injury and another 28 last season with a lower-body issue.
Schlemko is currently on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, suffered during a early-February game against Minnesota.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
His play may wind up costing him a suspension.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh carries a 1-0 series lead into Saturday.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Things changed fast late in the third period.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
His penalty got things going in the wrong direction for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Memo to players: wear a cup.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
His goal is the difference in the game through two.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
He’s been out since March 29 with a knee injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
He’s missed three games with an upper-body injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The Blackhawks look to head home with a split.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
He’s aiming to return for Game 3 on Tuesday.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
He avoided a suspension for the act.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
He’s been out since April 3.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
A fine may be in his future.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
He missed Game 2 with an injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Pulling the goalie with three minutes went over very well.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Holding a lead is hard to do in the playoffs.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:57 AM EDT
“We should have been 5-on-3.”
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7