Feb 25, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
“We are pleased to sign Braden to a contract extension,” said Caps general manager George McPhee in a release. “Braden is a young and talented goaltender who has performed very well in both the regular season and the playoffs during his NHL career. We are fortunate to have two excellent young goaltenders on our roster in Washington.”
Holtby will earn $1.7 million in 2013-14 and $2 million in 2014-15, garnering a cap hit of $1.85 million. The 23-year-old is a modest 5-6-0 with a .896 save percentage this season, but has had some strong performances lately.
Update: Erskine’s deal is done. Two years, $3.925 million.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10