Feb 25, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
“We are pleased to sign Braden to a contract extension,” said Caps general manager George McPhee in a release. “Braden is a young and talented goaltender who has performed very well in both the regular season and the playoffs during his NHL career. We are fortunate to have two excellent young goaltenders on our roster in Washington.”
Holtby will earn $1.7 million in 2013-14 and $2 million in 2014-15, garnering a cap hit of $1.85 million. The 23-year-old is a modest 5-6-0 with a .896 save percentage this season, but has had some strong performances lately.
Update: Erskine’s deal is done. Two years, $3.925 million.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 0
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6