Feb 24, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
By virtually every account, the top pick of the 2013 NHL Draft will either be Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones. Still, if you’re a fan of dark horse candidates, it’s easy to get behind Halifax Mooseheads standout Jonathan Drouin.
Proponents of the 17-year-old prospect could trot out stats all they want, but this impressive shift where he takes over the QMJHL’s scoring lead on Sunday argues the point in convenient video form:
(In case you’re wondering who Drouin is in that clip for some reason, he’s the guy wearing No. 27/doing amazing things.)
The Mooseheads pounded Acadie-Bathurst 11-3, with Drouin scoring a goal and three assists.
(H/T to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 14
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 29
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 26
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 20
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6