Feb 24, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
By virtually every account, the top pick of the 2013 NHL Draft will either be Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones. Still, if you’re a fan of dark horse candidates, it’s easy to get behind Halifax Mooseheads standout Jonathan Drouin.
Proponents of the 17-year-old prospect could trot out stats all they want, but this impressive shift where he takes over the QMJHL’s scoring lead on Sunday argues the point in convenient video form:
(In case you’re wondering who Drouin is in that clip for some reason, he’s the guy wearing No. 27/doing amazing things.)
The Mooseheads pounded Acadie-Bathurst 11-3, with Drouin scoring a goal and three assists.
(H/T to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20