Feb 24, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
By virtually every account, the top pick of the 2013 NHL Draft will either be Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones. Still, if you’re a fan of dark horse candidates, it’s easy to get behind Halifax Mooseheads standout Jonathan Drouin.
Proponents of the 17-year-old prospect could trot out stats all they want, but this impressive shift where he takes over the QMJHL’s scoring lead on Sunday argues the point in convenient video form:
(In case you’re wondering who Drouin is in that clip for some reason, he’s the guy wearing No. 27/doing amazing things.)
The Mooseheads pounded Acadie-Bathurst 11-3, with Drouin scoring a goal and three assists.
(H/T to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11