Feb 24, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
The New York Rangers came out of last night’s 3-0 loss to the Canadiens bruised and battered, but at least one injured player wasn’t actually broken.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports defenseman Dan Girardi‘s X-ray came out negative. He was hurt blocking a shot during last night’s loss that also saw Ryan McDonagh come away hurt and Michael Del Zotto (hip) didn’t even suit up for.
Injuries are a piling up for the Rangers nonetheless as Rick Nash is on injured reserve. The compact schedule is taking a toll on every team, but for now New York can take a breather until Tuesday when they host Winnipeg.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)