Feb 24, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
The New York Rangers came out of last night’s 3-0 loss to the Canadiens bruised and battered, but at least one injured player wasn’t actually broken.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports defenseman Dan Girardi‘s X-ray came out negative. He was hurt blocking a shot during last night’s loss that also saw Ryan McDonagh come away hurt and Michael Del Zotto (hip) didn’t even suit up for.
Injuries are a piling up for the Rangers nonetheless as Rick Nash is on injured reserve. The compact schedule is taking a toll on every team, but for now New York can take a breather until Tuesday when they host Winnipeg.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)