Feb 24, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
The New York Rangers came out of last night’s 3-0 loss to the Canadiens bruised and battered, but at least one injured player wasn’t actually broken.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports defenseman Dan Girardi‘s X-ray came out negative. He was hurt blocking a shot during last night’s loss that also saw Ryan McDonagh come away hurt and Michael Del Zotto (hip) didn’t even suit up for.
Injuries are a piling up for the Rangers nonetheless as Rick Nash is on injured reserve. The compact schedule is taking a toll on every team, but for now New York can take a breather until Tuesday when they host Winnipeg.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8