Feb 24, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
The New York Rangers came out of last night’s 3-0 loss to the Canadiens bruised and battered, but at least one injured player wasn’t actually broken.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports defenseman Dan Girardi‘s X-ray came out negative. He was hurt blocking a shot during last night’s loss that also saw Ryan McDonagh come away hurt and Michael Del Zotto (hip) didn’t even suit up for.
Injuries are a piling up for the Rangers nonetheless as Rick Nash is on injured reserve. The compact schedule is taking a toll on every team, but for now New York can take a breather until Tuesday when they host Winnipeg.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17