Feb 24, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
The New York Rangers came out of last night’s 3-0 loss to the Canadiens bruised and battered, but at least one injured player wasn’t actually broken.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports defenseman Dan Girardi‘s X-ray came out negative. He was hurt blocking a shot during last night’s loss that also saw Ryan McDonagh come away hurt and Michael Del Zotto (hip) didn’t even suit up for.
Injuries are a piling up for the Rangers nonetheless as Rick Nash is on injured reserve. The compact schedule is taking a toll on every team, but for now New York can take a breather until Tuesday when they host Winnipeg.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)