Feb 24, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
Max Pacioretty‘s hit from behind on New York’s Ryan McDonagh not only caught the eye of the officials last night, but now he’s got the league’s attention as well.
The Canadiens forward will meet with the NHL this afternoon to discuss his boarding penalty that resulted in McDonagh being injured on the play. While Pacioretty only drew a minor penalty for boarding, the seeming recklessness of the play got Brendan Shanahan and the Department of Player Safety’s attention.
For what it’s worth, Rangers coach John Tortorella was none too pleased with the play and made his feelings known to the media afterwards asking, “How high did Pacioretty jump?” Torts wasn’t able to get an answer for his query. (YouTube)
(Thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13