Feb 24, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
Max Pacioretty‘s hit from behind on New York’s Ryan McDonagh not only caught the eye of the officials last night, but now he’s got the league’s attention as well.
The Canadiens forward will meet with the NHL this afternoon to discuss his boarding penalty that resulted in McDonagh being injured on the play. While Pacioretty only drew a minor penalty for boarding, the seeming recklessness of the play got Brendan Shanahan and the Department of Player Safety’s attention.
For what it’s worth, Rangers coach John Tortorella was none too pleased with the play and made his feelings known to the media afterwards asking, “How high did Pacioretty jump?” Torts wasn’t able to get an answer for his query. (YouTube)
(Thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32