Feb 24, 2013, 9:48 AM EST
Max Pacioretty‘s hit from behind on New York’s Ryan McDonagh not only caught the eye of the officials last night, but now he’s got the league’s attention as well.
The Canadiens forward will meet with the NHL this afternoon to discuss his boarding penalty that resulted in McDonagh being injured on the play. While Pacioretty only drew a minor penalty for boarding, the seeming recklessness of the play got Brendan Shanahan and the Department of Player Safety’s attention.
For what it’s worth, Rangers coach John Tortorella was none too pleased with the play and made his feelings known to the media afterwards asking, “How high did Pacioretty jump?” Torts wasn’t able to get an answer for his query. (YouTube)
(Thanks to Kukla’s Korner for the video)
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11