Feb 24, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
It looks like a two-minute minor penalty is all that Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty will receive for his hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh. He won’t receive a fine or suspension for that play, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
There’s plenty of debate about the check, but one thing’s for sure: John Tortorella won’t be happy.
It’s noteworthy that McDonagh, 23, landed this blow on Pacioretty, 24 first:
Pacioretty responded with this hit, which left the Rangers’ valuable defenseman injured:
From giving and receiving controversial hits, getting bitten, having his appendix removed and receiving medical criticism from Mark Recchi, it seems like there’s rarely a dull moment with Pacioretty.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 19
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)