Feb 24, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
It looks like a two-minute minor penalty is all that Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty will receive for his hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh. He won’t receive a fine or suspension for that play, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
There’s plenty of debate about the check, but one thing’s for sure: John Tortorella won’t be happy.
It’s noteworthy that McDonagh, 23, landed this blow on Pacioretty, 24 first:
Pacioretty responded with this hit, which left the Rangers’ valuable defenseman injured:
From giving and receiving controversial hits, getting bitten, having his appendix removed and receiving medical criticism from Mark Recchi, it seems like there’s rarely a dull moment with Pacioretty.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 31
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)