Feb 24, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
It looks like a two-minute minor penalty is all that Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty will receive for his hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh. He won’t receive a fine or suspension for that play, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
There’s plenty of debate about the check, but one thing’s for sure: John Tortorella won’t be happy.
It’s noteworthy that McDonagh, 23, landed this blow on Pacioretty, 24 first:
Pacioretty responded with this hit, which left the Rangers’ valuable defenseman injured:
From giving and receiving controversial hits, getting bitten, having his appendix removed and receiving medical criticism from Mark Recchi, it seems like there’s rarely a dull moment with Pacioretty.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)