Feb 24, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
It looks like a two-minute minor penalty is all that Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty will receive for his hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh. He won’t receive a fine or suspension for that play, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
There’s plenty of debate about the check, but one thing’s for sure: John Tortorella won’t be happy.
It’s noteworthy that McDonagh, 23, landed this blow on Pacioretty, 24 first:
Pacioretty responded with this hit, which left the Rangers’ valuable defenseman injured:
From giving and receiving controversial hits, getting bitten, having his appendix removed and receiving medical criticism from Mark Recchi, it seems like there’s rarely a dull moment with Pacioretty.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)