Feb 24, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
It looks like a two-minute minor penalty is all that Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty will receive for his hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh. He won’t receive a fine or suspension for that play, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
There’s plenty of debate about the check, but one thing’s for sure: John Tortorella won’t be happy.
It’s noteworthy that McDonagh, 23, landed this blow on Pacioretty, 24 first:
Pacioretty responded with this hit, which left the Rangers’ valuable defenseman injured:
From giving and receiving controversial hits, getting bitten, having his appendix removed and receiving medical criticism from Mark Recchi, it seems like there’s rarely a dull moment with Pacioretty.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)