Feb 24, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
The future Hall-of-Famer is experiencing “a little soreness” after needing to ice his shoulder on Friday, according to The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. He’s expected to be re-evaluated on Monday.
In the meantime, Hedberg, 39, gets back-to-back starts. It’s also his first home game of the season.
He had a tough go of things against the Washington Capitals on Saturday, allowing Alex Ovechkin‘s first hat trick of 2013 in a 5-1 loss. Still, in the grand scheme of things, he’s been strong in his spot starts. The Devils are currently in action against the Jets in New Jersey.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)