Feb 24, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
The future Hall-of-Famer is experiencing “a little soreness” after needing to ice his shoulder on Friday, according to The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. He’s expected to be re-evaluated on Monday.
In the meantime, Hedberg, 39, gets back-to-back starts. It’s also his first home game of the season.
He had a tough go of things against the Washington Capitals on Saturday, allowing Alex Ovechkin‘s first hat trick of 2013 in a 5-1 loss. Still, in the grand scheme of things, he’s been strong in his spot starts. The Devils are currently in action against the Jets in New Jersey.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17