Feb 24, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets probably need to accept the possibility that their defense won’t ever be 100 percent in 2013. Underrated blueliner Tobias Enstrom was sidelined during the same game that Zach Bogosian returned and now it looks like All-Star behemoth Dustin Byfuglien is injured – again.
It’s unclear what the specific injury is.
Still, it looks like something was plaguing him throughout much of Sunday’s 4-2 win against the New Jersey Devils; the Winnipeg Free Press’ Ed Tait reports that Byfuglien was struggling during much of the game and could barely make it to the bench before heading for the locker room.
Byfuglien, 27, sat out five games between Jan. 29 and Feb. 12 with a lower-body injury.
The big blueliner has nice full season totals (nine points in 13 games), but scored just two points – a pair of assists against Philadelphia on Saturday – since returning from that injury.
Even if he hasn’t been his typical towering self, the Jets will miss his presence if he’s sidelined for an extensive amount of time. They’re already without Enstrom and rookie Zach Redmond, who suffered a grisly skate blade injury last week.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)