Feb 24, 2013, 8:12 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets probably need to accept the possibility that their defense won’t ever be 100 percent in 2013. Underrated blueliner Tobias Enstrom was sidelined during the same game that Zach Bogosian returned and now it looks like All-Star behemoth Dustin Byfuglien is injured – again.
It’s unclear what the specific injury is.
Still, it looks like something was plaguing him throughout much of Sunday’s 4-2 win against the New Jersey Devils; the Winnipeg Free Press’ Ed Tait reports that Byfuglien was struggling during much of the game and could barely make it to the bench before heading for the locker room.
Byfuglien, 27, sat out five games between Jan. 29 and Feb. 12 with a lower-body injury.
The big blueliner has nice full season totals (nine points in 13 games), but scored just two points – a pair of assists against Philadelphia on Saturday – since returning from that injury.
Even if he hasn’t been his typical towering self, the Jets will miss his presence if he’s sidelined for an extensive amount of time. They’re already without Enstrom and rookie Zach Redmond, who suffered a grisly skate blade injury last week.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)