Feb 24, 2013, 8:12 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets probably need to accept the possibility that their defense won’t ever be 100 percent in 2013. Underrated blueliner Tobias Enstrom was sidelined during the same game that Zach Bogosian returned and now it looks like All-Star behemoth Dustin Byfuglien is injured – again.
It’s unclear what the specific injury is.
Still, it looks like something was plaguing him throughout much of Sunday’s 4-2 win against the New Jersey Devils; the Winnipeg Free Press’ Ed Tait reports that Byfuglien was struggling during much of the game and could barely make it to the bench before heading for the locker room.
Byfuglien, 27, sat out five games between Jan. 29 and Feb. 12 with a lower-body injury.
The big blueliner has nice full season totals (nine points in 13 games), but scored just two points – a pair of assists against Philadelphia on Saturday – since returning from that injury.
Even if he hasn’t been his typical towering self, the Jets will miss his presence if he’s sidelined for an extensive amount of time. They’re already without Enstrom and rookie Zach Redmond, who suffered a grisly skate blade injury last week.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 44
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31