Feb 24, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets probably need to accept the possibility that their defense won’t ever be 100 percent in 2013. Underrated blueliner Tobias Enstrom was sidelined during the same game that Zach Bogosian returned and now it looks like All-Star behemoth Dustin Byfuglien is injured – again.
It’s unclear what the specific injury is.
Still, it looks like something was plaguing him throughout much of Sunday’s 4-2 win against the New Jersey Devils; the Winnipeg Free Press’ Ed Tait reports that Byfuglien was struggling during much of the game and could barely make it to the bench before heading for the locker room.
Byfuglien, 27, sat out five games between Jan. 29 and Feb. 12 with a lower-body injury.
The big blueliner has nice full season totals (nine points in 13 games), but scored just two points – a pair of assists against Philadelphia on Saturday – since returning from that injury.
Even if he hasn’t been his typical towering self, the Jets will miss his presence if he’s sidelined for an extensive amount of time. They’re already without Enstrom and rookie Zach Redmond, who suffered a grisly skate blade injury last week.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal