Bylsma says Malkin hasn’t had headaches or disorientation

Feb 24, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT

Evgeni Malkin AP

Perhaps Evgeni Malkin‘s situation isn’t as dire as it initially sounded.

Penguins coach Dan Bylsma spoke with media and clarified how the reigning MVP was feeling. He says Malkin hasn’t had any headaches or disorientation following his collision with Florida’s Erik Gudbranson.

That assessment differs with what Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported yesterday but the team has not ruled out a concussion.

Malkin won’t be playing against Tampa Bay tonight and considering how Sidney Crosby‘s fortunes turned for the worse against the Lightning two seasons ago, it’s probably for the best for the team to avoid invoking those kinds of spirits anyhow.

1. eigglesnosuperbowls - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Maybe he is just feeling a little queersy ?

• hahk14 - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Rob Rossi making false claims and over sensationalizing an injury just to get more headlines? Who would’ve thought!

But, now to get off topic a bit…. I have a serious question.

Why haven’t people like you been suspended from posting on this site when all you ever do is post troll comments?

Listen,I understand internet trolling is fun and all and you’re probably laughing a lot in your mother’s basement while posting it, but truthfully the only thing you accomplish is proving how much of a tool you are and how stupid you make yourself look.

Hockey fans are intelligent and are the most loyal, but the fans like you (which unfortunately exist in every fanbase) make the good ones look bad because you’re the loud minority.

Do the internet and your own fanbase a favor and unplug that ethernet cord in the back of your computer, if you even know what an ethernet cord is.

• eigglesnosuperbowls - Feb 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Don’t take PHT so serious dbag !

• sportsfreak13 - Feb 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Folks what hahk14 said above should be in the guidebook for getting rid of trolls. Bravo.

2. spochiefsfan - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM

“mom’s basement… if you know what an Ethernet cord is” <—- trolling

go pens

3. ravenscaps48 - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I don’t know how he wouldn’t have a concussion after that hit. I hope it’s not. Hate to see players get hurt like that. If he doesn’t have a concussion, he certainly has whiplash. Feel better soon, Malkin.

• odj810 - Feb 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

just don’t rush back. Get well for the long haul. Concussions can sometimes have delayed effect.He’s to important to the league as well as the penguins.

4. x50cal - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I hate the penguins but i like malkin and he needs to save penguins because crosby cant. malkong is the best all around player on the team and he doesn’t expect not to get hit. Crosby has always been a whiner and always will. I think it’s funny how you have to worry about what others say. Pathetic that you post is longer about that person than about the actual article.

• hockeywithdrawal - Feb 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I’m sorry…save them from what? Being ranked 2nd in the EC? Not sure they need saved from that. Oh and you misspelled “winner”…you spelled it “whiner”…I’m sure that was an oversight :)

• aso513 - Feb 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

x50cal must have only watched hockey up from 05-07 because quite frankly that is the only time the “whiner” comment had any validity. Now when people like this dope use it, it is because they have run out of excuses for why Crosby is so good.

5. dipthatchip - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

god I hate commenters here. get well soon malkin; you’re a beast. -capitals fan

• ravenscaps48 - Feb 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Not only am I a Caps fan, I am a fan of hockey and the sport thrives whwn the superstars are at full throttle. That being said, if it were Letang, I could care less

6. csilojohnson - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

How Malkin gets well.
    Best all around player? Your comment is obviously driven by your hate for Crosby. Not your knowledge of the game. Malkin is a beast in the offensive zone. Thats about it.

7. rushledger - Feb 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Glad to hear that let’s still be extra safe and sit him until he feels 110 percent. Rossi is usually very good with his info but I’d be glad if he’s off on this one.

8. flyeredup - Feb 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Get well soon Geno.

9. bobc74 - Feb 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

But they are wearing those “concussion” blue uniforms again today.

10. blackhawks2010 - Feb 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Hope he’s ok, hate to see the best players in the NHL go down. Geno is a monster!

11. Nofoolnodrool - Feb 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

ravenscaps48 | Feb 24, 2013, 3:40 PM EST

Living up to your raven class I see. Sad that you are a d-bag on two threads. How can you wish for a player to be hurt…oh that’s right you like ray Lewis..I got it now.

• ravenscaps48 - Feb 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM

You’ve twisted what I said. I hate to see the superstars get hurt. Having Malkin out is not good for the lead. Having a Kris Letang out, doesn’t mean anything. And how dare you question me for liking Saint Lewis and the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Baltimore Ravens!

12. skinsovieterps - Feb 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I am sure Cindy is rubbing Geno’s head to make him feel better.

13. modellforprez - Feb 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM

spirits? what are you implying Hedman hit and drove sid into boards on purpose cause he knew that dirtbag capital elbowed sid in the head 1. when he wasnt looking and 2 right in front of a ref “no call” and we were robbed of seeing Engo beat both of them to pulps. crying shame

14. steelpenbucs87 - Feb 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Rob Rossi is a complete idiot. He’s almost never correct about anything, which I surprising because Dejan Kovacevic and some of the other Trib guys do a really nice job.

Hope Geno can get back soon. Glad it doesn’t sound like a concussion

Seriously though if Rob Rossi told me my dinner tonight was poisoned I’d still eat it.

• pens5829 - Feb 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Sure hope you didn’t eat that dinner?

15. ironman721 - Feb 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

🚨⚠Warning we have another eigglenobrains Troll Advisory on a Pens article. This person is considered extremely stupid! Do not engage him in direct conversation. Doing so has been know to serious decrease in intelligence. 🚓🚔

16. orangandblack - Feb 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Damn, I was hoping for a carreer ender

• pens5829 - Feb 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Another yet another idiot appears on PHT.

• tsi431 - Feb 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Funny, career ender is what I call the Philadelphia Flyers.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches