Feb 24, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Perhaps Evgeni Malkin‘s situation isn’t as dire as it initially sounded.
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma spoke with media and clarified how the reigning MVP was feeling. He says Malkin hasn’t had any headaches or disorientation following his collision with Florida’s Erik Gudbranson.
Malkin won’t be playing against Tampa Bay tonight and considering how Sidney Crosby‘s fortunes turned for the worse against the Lightning two seasons ago, it’s probably for the best for the team to avoid invoking those kinds of spirits anyhow.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)