Feb 24, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
Perhaps Evgeni Malkin‘s situation isn’t as dire as it initially sounded.
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma spoke with media and clarified how the reigning MVP was feeling. He says Malkin hasn’t had any headaches or disorientation following his collision with Florida’s Erik Gudbranson.
Malkin won’t be playing against Tampa Bay tonight and considering how Sidney Crosby‘s fortunes turned for the worse against the Lightning two seasons ago, it’s probably for the best for the team to avoid invoking those kinds of spirits anyhow.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 61
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)