Feb 24, 2013, 11:18 AM EST
Things just don’t get any easier for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The team placed workhorse defenseman Jack Johnson on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and called up forward Ryan Johansen from the AHL to take his place on the roster. Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch says his injury is to his right shoulder and he suffered it against the Blues last night.
When we say that Johnson has been a horse, we mean it as he’s logged huge minutes each night for the team. Three times this season Johnson has played more than 30 minutes in a game including back-to-back games of more than 34 minutes. Now he’ll take his one goal and seven assists and minus-10 plus-minus rating to the sidelines for at least a week.
Johnson joins Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov on the shelf and all three players have been important ones for them this season. Things don’t get any easier for Columbus as they’ll face the Blackhawks tonight in Chicago.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:23 AM EST
Worth staying up late for East Coast hockey fans.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:41 AM EST
He did it with style, too.
Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
They might want to stay off of Twitter.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
He should provide commentary to as many Vancouver games as possible.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Jhonas Enroth is making the most of his opportunity, to say the least.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
This one looks painful.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:06 PM EST
Boston shut them out 3-0 on Thursday.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
Plenty of talent on the ice for this late one.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
It’s unclear how severe the injury is.
Mar 6, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
Ugly start for Vancouver vs. Dallas.
Mar 6, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
No one will wear No. 5 in Detroit again.
Mar 6, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
Injuries make him a key player instantly with Red Wings.
Mar 6, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
No denying whose team it is now, anyway.
Mar 6, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
He’s expected to line up with Tomas Plekanec and Alex Galchenyuk.
Mar 6, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Mar 6, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
George McPhee “likes” this.
Mar 6, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
He’s eligible for the Hockey Hall of Fame this year too.
Mar 6, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
High hopes in St. Louis with Ryan Miller between the pipes.
Mar 6, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
All the latest from around the crease…
Mar 6, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
Signed through 2016-17 with a cap hit of $4.5 million.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 10
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 18
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)