Feb 24, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Things just don’t get any easier for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The team placed workhorse defenseman Jack Johnson on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and called up forward Ryan Johansen from the AHL to take his place on the roster. Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch says his injury is to his right shoulder and he suffered it against the Blues last night.
When we say that Johnson has been a horse, we mean it as he’s logged huge minutes each night for the team. Three times this season Johnson has played more than 30 minutes in a game including back-to-back games of more than 34 minutes. Now he’ll take his one goal and seven assists and minus-10 plus-minus rating to the sidelines for at least a week.
Johnson joins Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov on the shelf and all three players have been important ones for them this season. Things don’t get any easier for Columbus as they’ll face the Blackhawks tonight in Chicago.
Sep 17, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
Sep 17, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
His agent says it’s best to leave town and avoiding being a distraction.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
“No matter how much my old teammates say it doesn’t bother them, it affects them. It does in that city.”
Sep 17, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
And on the possibility of his client signing an offer sheet? “Well, we’ll have to see.”
Sep 17, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
“Justin has emerged as one of our most well-rounded and dependable defensemen.”
Sep 17, 2014, 1:34 PM EDT
“We’ve been told if we don’t give them what they want, they’ll be leaving town.”
Sep 17, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Veteran d-man just turned 40 years old.
Sep 17, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Sep 17, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
“That is significantly good to hear.”
Sep 17, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
“I’ve been with the team for eight years, and I don’t know if I’ve been more disappointed about anything that’s been written,” said Pierre Dorion.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Enter Radim Vrbata.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
“I actually thought I had a great year up to the Olympic break and even after.”
Sep 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
“The tenor of the talks has been good, so we’ll keep going and keep working on it.”
Sep 17, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Yet he says his contract status won’t be an issue this season.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The Blues acquired him from Toronto.
Sep 17, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
Those prospects could get longer looks if Ryan Johansen misses the preseason.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:56 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
“It’s extortion is what it is. I don’t make this stuff up.”
Sep 16, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Caps blueliner has had bad luck in the health department.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Florida’s youngsters stole the show overall.
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 7
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 2
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 19
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 9
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 60
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)