Feb 24, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Things just don’t get any easier for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The team placed workhorse defenseman Jack Johnson on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and called up forward Ryan Johansen from the AHL to take his place on the roster. Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch says his injury is to his right shoulder and he suffered it against the Blues last night.
When we say that Johnson has been a horse, we mean it as he’s logged huge minutes each night for the team. Three times this season Johnson has played more than 30 minutes in a game including back-to-back games of more than 34 minutes. Now he’ll take his one goal and seven assists and minus-10 plus-minus rating to the sidelines for at least a week.
Johnson joins Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov on the shelf and all three players have been important ones for them this season. Things don’t get any easier for Columbus as they’ll face the Blackhawks tonight in Chicago.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
His offensive totals were down, but was regularly used on penalty kill.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Spent most of the 2014-15 season in the OHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
They had agreed to terms last weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Played 37 games with Edmonton last season before getting sent back to the WHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He signed with Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Both received two-way deals.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Will he make the 2015-16 Flyers?
Jul 4, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Washington’s AHL tandem has more NHL playing experience than Holtby and Grubauer.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He usually gets at least one stint in the NHL per season.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:18 AM EDT
The two sides reportedly aren’t close to an agreement.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
What role he has could depend on the Kings and league’s decision regarding Slava Voynov.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Scored 13 goals in 54 games last season.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He was sentenced in September, 2013.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Spent the last three seasons in the KHL.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Buffalo also signed Cal O’Reilly, who played last season with the AHL Utica Comets.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He signed a six-year, $36 million deal with Columbus.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
“Joel is a quality veteran player who can score but also plays an extremely hard-nosed brand of hockey.”
Jul 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Could make things interesting next season.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Brings a wealth of success, experience at AHL, collegiate levels.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
$52.5 million extension.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 6
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)