Feb 24, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
Antti Miettinen‘s injury luck is so bad, you’d think he was suiting up for the Ottawa Senators instead of the Winnipeg Jets.
His first appearance of the 2013 season ended after one 17-second shift. The Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe doesn’t even think he lasted that long.
Miettinen, 32, missed every game of this campaign up to Sunday’s game against the New Jersey Devils with an upper-body injury. Now it looks like a lower-body issue, so it appears that this was unrelated.
With one 20-goal season on his resume, he’s had some solid moments in the NHL, although he’s far from a make-or-break guy now. Still, one can only imagine how frustrated he must be right now.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10