Feb 24, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
Antti Miettinen‘s injury luck is so bad, you’d think he was suiting up for the Ottawa Senators instead of the Winnipeg Jets.
His first appearance of the 2013 season ended after one 17-second shift. The Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe doesn’t even think he lasted that long.
Miettinen, 32, missed every game of this campaign up to Sunday’s game against the New Jersey Devils with an upper-body injury. Now it looks like a lower-body issue, so it appears that this was unrelated.
With one 20-goal season on his resume, he’s had some solid moments in the NHL, although he’s far from a make-or-break guy now. Still, one can only imagine how frustrated he must be right now.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)