Feb 24, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
Antti Miettinen‘s injury luck is so bad, you’d think he was suiting up for the Ottawa Senators instead of the Winnipeg Jets.
His first appearance of the 2013 season ended after one 17-second shift. The Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe doesn’t even think he lasted that long.
Miettinen, 32, missed every game of this campaign up to Sunday’s game against the New Jersey Devils with an upper-body injury. Now it looks like a lower-body issue, so it appears that this was unrelated.
With one 20-goal season on his resume, he’s had some solid moments in the NHL, although he’s far from a make-or-break guy now. Still, one can only imagine how frustrated he must be right now.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 0
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 4
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18