Feb 24, 2013, 6:17 PM EST
Antti Miettinen‘s injury luck is so bad, you’d think he was suiting up for the Ottawa Senators instead of the Winnipeg Jets.
His first appearance of the 2013 season ended after one 17-second shift. The Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe doesn’t even think he lasted that long.
Miettinen, 32, missed every game of this campaign up to Sunday’s game against the New Jersey Devils with an upper-body injury. Now it looks like a lower-body issue, so it appears that this was unrelated.
With one 20-goal season on his resume, he’s had some solid moments in the NHL, although he’s far from a make-or-break guy now. Still, one can only imagine how frustrated he must be right now.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2