Feb 24, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT
Antti Miettinen‘s injury luck is so bad, you’d think he was suiting up for the Ottawa Senators instead of the Winnipeg Jets.
His first appearance of the 2013 season ended after one 17-second shift. The Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe doesn’t even think he lasted that long.
Miettinen, 32, missed every game of this campaign up to Sunday’s game against the New Jersey Devils with an upper-body injury. Now it looks like a lower-body issue, so it appears that this was unrelated.
With one 20-goal season on his resume, he’s had some solid moments in the NHL, although he’s far from a make-or-break guy now. Still, one can only imagine how frustrated he must be right now.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 23
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)