Feb 23, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
For the second time in three games, Wayne Simmonds collected a Gordie Howe hat trick – at least one goal, assist and fight – as the Philadelphia Flyers beat the Winnipeg Jets 5-3. (He didn’t pull anyone’s hair, though.)
Here’s video of the feat:
Simmonds, 24, has been red-hot lately. He has seven points (three goals, four assists) in his last four contests.
That includes his impressive output against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday, when he recorded his first Gordie (that time two goals, an assist and fight) in Philly’s 6-5 victory. Here’s bonus video of that one:
Overall, Simmonds has gotten into four scuffles this season. When he’s not dropping the gloves, he’s been scoring, as he has 15 points in 17 games played.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 0
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3