Feb 23, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Joe Thornton is starting to look like the guy who used to stack up 100+ penalty minute seasons with the Boston Bruins. Not that long after fighting Jonathan Toews, the San Jose Sharks captain dropped the gloves with another big name: Dallas Stars standout Jamie Benn:
Hockey Fights’ voters handed the win to Jumbo Joe, but his opponent got the last laugh.
Benn, 23, registered a Gordie Howe hat trick with a goal and an assist as well, helping Dallas beat San Jose 3-1 on Saturday.
The Stars broke a two-game losing streak at home while the Sharks’ struggles continue, with just one victory in February.
Here’s a great photo of the duel, via Getty:
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)