Feb 23, 2013, 2:22 AM EDT
You know it’s not going well when even a rally catfish can’t bring the Nashville Predators out of their scoring funk.
The Predators were shutout 1-0 by the visiting Vancouver Canucks Friday. The goose egg snapped a nice two-game streak the Predators were on – they had scored nine goals in their last two games prior to Friday’s meeting with Vancouver.
Of course, a fan had to chuck a catfish on to the ice late in the game and with the home team down a goal.
The Predators have now been shut out four times this season, although they also have three shutouts to their credit.
But they do rank at the bottom of the entire National Hockey League when it comes to goals-for per game, at a rate of 2.06.
“We had things going our way. We had the jump, and then for whatever reason, we backed off and let them get into it emotionally, mentally and then physically,” Predators defenseman Hal Gill told NHL.com about this latest battle with the blank sheet.
“We have to learn from that.”
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 5
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 14
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)