Feb 23, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers boast a staggering array of young talent, but Sam Gagner‘s future with the team is uncertain. The pending restricted free agent can beef up his resume by pairing this highlight reel shootout goal with his eight-point game from last season:
That tally helped the Oilers complete a comeback from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Phoenix Coyotes 3-2 (SO) on Saturday.
Gagner also had an assist, giving him 17 points in 17 games.
He’s never had more than the 47 points he scored in 2011-12, but perhaps his dad was correct about that historic game catapulting him to a new level; he scored 25 of his 47 points in the final 32 games of last season.
Head coach Ralph Kruger called the win a “critical moment” for the young team.
Jordan Eberle also had a nice goal in the shootout, so here’s full footage of that skills competition if you’d like to compare and contrast:
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (56)