Feb 23, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers boast a staggering array of young talent, but Sam Gagner‘s future with the team is uncertain. The pending restricted free agent can beef up his resume by pairing this highlight reel shootout goal with his eight-point game from last season:
That tally helped the Oilers complete a comeback from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Phoenix Coyotes 3-2 (SO) on Saturday.
Gagner also had an assist, giving him 17 points in 17 games.
He’s never had more than the 47 points he scored in 2011-12, but perhaps his dad was correct about that historic game catapulting him to a new level; he scored 25 of his 47 points in the final 32 games of last season.
Head coach Ralph Kruger called the win a “critical moment” for the young team.
Jordan Eberle also had a nice goal in the shootout, so here’s full footage of that skills competition if you’d like to compare and contrast:
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)