Feb 23, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Fans in Philly can start feeling a little better about the season today.
Coach Peter Laviolette announced that power forward Scott Hartnell would be back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game against Winnipeg. Hartnell has missed the last 16 games with a broken foot and his return comes at the perfect time.
Philly has seen its share of injuries up front with Matt Read missing time most recently while guys like Wayne Simmonds, Danny Briere, and Sean Couturier have all missed at least a little time. Hartnell will bring some added scoring touch on top of his physical play up front and give Claude Giroux someone more familiar to play on his left side.
In three games this year, Hartnell had one assist and 13 penalty minutes.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 0
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)