Feb 23, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Fans in Philly can start feeling a little better about the season today.
Coach Peter Laviolette announced that power forward Scott Hartnell would be back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game against Winnipeg. Hartnell has missed the last 16 games with a broken foot and his return comes at the perfect time.
Philly has seen its share of injuries up front with Matt Read missing time most recently while guys like Wayne Simmonds, Danny Briere, and Sean Couturier have all missed at least a little time. Hartnell will bring some added scoring touch on top of his physical play up front and give Claude Giroux someone more familiar to play on his left side.
In three games this year, Hartnell had one assist and 13 penalty minutes.
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturay 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)