Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Changing head coaches hasn’t changed much for the Buffalo Sabres, who suffered an ugly 4-0 loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday. Some believed the worst moments came when Buffalo’s frustration boiled over, yet Ryan Miller hinted to the Buffalo News’ John Vogl that it was needed.
“It’s about [expletive] time,” Miller said.
Miller, 32, was in the middle of the action, even attempting to fight with Matt Martin. Video of that exchange will be added when available, but in the meantime, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh provides an amusing play-by-play:
Ryan Miller tries to fight Matt Martin. Evgeni Nabokov went down ice to “fight” Miller with all the eagerness of someone going to the DMV.
— Seth Rorabaugh (@emptynetters) February 24, 2013
New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple accuses the Sabres of going over the line during the final shift of the game:
Good to see the Sabres last shift showing some class, Foligno barreling over Nabokov and Kaleta hitting Streit late. All class. — Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) February 24, 2013
“I don’t like the way we react if the other team scores first,” Myers said. “It’s almost like, ‘Here we go again.'”
Sabres fans probably know the feeling.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 3
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 17
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 43
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38