Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Changing head coaches hasn’t changed much for the Buffalo Sabres, who suffered an ugly 4-0 loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday. Some believed the worst moments came when Buffalo’s frustration boiled over, yet Ryan Miller hinted to the Buffalo News’ John Vogl that it was needed.
“It’s about [expletive] time,” Miller said.
Miller, 32, was in the middle of the action, even attempting to fight with Matt Martin. Video of that exchange will be added when available, but in the meantime, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh provides an amusing play-by-play:
Ryan Miller tries to fight Matt Martin. Evgeni Nabokov went down ice to “fight” Miller with all the eagerness of someone going to the DMV.
— Seth Rorabaugh (@emptynetters) February 24, 2013
New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple accuses the Sabres of going over the line during the final shift of the game:
Good to see the Sabres last shift showing some class, Foligno barreling over Nabokov and Kaleta hitting Streit late. All class. — Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) February 24, 2013
“I don’t like the way we react if the other team scores first,” Myers said. “It’s almost like, ‘Here we go again.'”
Sabres fans probably know the feeling.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12