Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Changing head coaches hasn’t changed much for the Buffalo Sabres, who suffered an ugly 4-0 loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday. Some believed the worst moments came when Buffalo’s frustration boiled over, yet Ryan Miller hinted to the Buffalo News’ John Vogl that it was needed.
“It’s about [expletive] time,” Miller said.
Miller, 32, was in the middle of the action, even attempting to fight with Matt Martin. Video of that exchange will be added when available, but in the meantime, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh provides an amusing play-by-play:
Ryan Miller tries to fight Matt Martin. Evgeni Nabokov went down ice to “fight” Miller with all the eagerness of someone going to the DMV.
— Seth Rorabaugh (@emptynetters) February 24, 2013
New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple accuses the Sabres of going over the line during the final shift of the game:
Good to see the Sabres last shift showing some class, Foligno barreling over Nabokov and Kaleta hitting Streit late. All class. — Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) February 24, 2013
“I don’t like the way we react if the other team scores first,” Myers said. “It’s almost like, ‘Here we go again.'”
Sabres fans probably know the feeling.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 7
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 16
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 57
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22