Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Changing head coaches hasn’t changed much for the Buffalo Sabres, who suffered an ugly 4-0 loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday. Some believed the worst moments came when Buffalo’s frustration boiled over, yet Ryan Miller hinted to the Buffalo News’ John Vogl that it was needed.
“It’s about [expletive] time,” Miller said.
Miller, 32, was in the middle of the action, even attempting to fight with Matt Martin. Video of that exchange will be added when available, but in the meantime, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh provides an amusing play-by-play:
Ryan Miller tries to fight Matt Martin. Evgeni Nabokov went down ice to “fight” Miller with all the eagerness of someone going to the DMV.
— Seth Rorabaugh (@emptynetters) February 24, 2013
New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple accuses the Sabres of going over the line during the final shift of the game:
Good to see the Sabres last shift showing some class, Foligno barreling over Nabokov and Kaleta hitting Streit late. All class. — Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) February 24, 2013
“I don’t like the way we react if the other team scores first,” Myers said. “It’s almost like, ‘Here we go again.'”
Sabres fans probably know the feeling.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)