Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Changing head coaches hasn’t changed much for the Buffalo Sabres, who suffered an ugly 4-0 loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday. Some believed the worst moments came when Buffalo’s frustration boiled over, yet Ryan Miller hinted to the Buffalo News’ John Vogl that it was needed.
“It’s about [expletive] time,” Miller said.
Miller, 32, was in the middle of the action, even attempting to fight with Matt Martin. Video of that exchange will be added when available, but in the meantime, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh provides an amusing play-by-play:
Ryan Miller tries to fight Matt Martin. Evgeni Nabokov went down ice to “fight” Miller with all the eagerness of someone going to the DMV.
— Seth Rorabaugh (@emptynetters) February 24, 2013
New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple accuses the Sabres of going over the line during the final shift of the game:
Good to see the Sabres last shift showing some class, Foligno barreling over Nabokov and Kaleta hitting Streit late. All class. — Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) February 24, 2013
“I don’t like the way we react if the other team scores first,” Myers said. “It’s almost like, ‘Here we go again.'”
Sabres fans probably know the feeling.
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 8
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)