Feb 23, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
The NHL has tweaked its four-conference realignment proposal and could hand it to the NHLPA in the near future, Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliotte Friedman reports.
Friedman mapped out the following setup during HNIC’s Hot Stove intermission report (teams that changed conferences from the last realignment plan in bold):
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
We’ll see if that timeline – and a number of other factors – have changed since then.
Keep in mind that this is a report, not an official announcement.
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 53
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 38
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)