Feb 23, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
The Rangers won’t tell you what’s wrong with Rick Nash, but whatever is keeping him out of action this weekend has the team putting him on injured reserve. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants says the team put him on IR retroactive to last Sunday freeing him up to play as soon as Tuesday against Winnipeg.
The issue with Nash is that the Rangers aren’t saying what his injury is and all indications point towards it being a concussion.
Nash took a high, hard hit from Boston’s Milan Lucic that managed to rankle Rangers players. Lucic said ” I don’t hit dirty” and took no blame for Nash’s injury. Nash played the next game despite the injury only to sit out the following two games and a third tonight.
With the compact schedule, Nash missing any more time past this weekend puts the Rangers in a tough spot. The team called up rookie Christian Thomas to fill out the roster for tonight’s game in Montreal.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50