Feb 23, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
The injury bug has got a hold of the Rangers now.
The team is already dealing with Rick Nash being out of action through the weekend but now it looks like you can add Arron Asham to that list as well. To make up for his absence the team is dipping into their stock of youth yet again and, according to Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants, have called up 20 year-old Christian Thomas from AHL Connecticut.
As Gross notes, however, this could also mean Nash is headed for injured reserve to let the team add another body.
The Rangers used Stu Bickel as a forward in their last game, a shootout loss to Ottawa, and he played just over six minutes of game time. With the kind of wear and tear other players are taking up front, having one guy get such little time doesn’t help much.
Thomas was the Rangers’ second-round pick in the 2010 draft (40th overall) and he’s the son of former NHL power forward Steve Thomas. Don’t you feel a little older now? Good.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 66
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (66)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)