Feb 23, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Despite losing Erik Karlsson, Jason Spezza, Milan Michalek and now Craig Anderson, the Ottawa Senators keep finding ways to win games. They did it dramatic fashion on Saturday, as Colin Greening scored the game-winner against the Toronto Maple Leafs with less than 30 seconds remaining:
Greening, 26, had a great night in that 3-2 win, assisting on the Senators’ other two goals.
The Sens did a nice job protecting temporary No. 1 goalie Ben Bishop, limiting the Maple Leafs to 28 shots.
It was a tight performance on both sides, with only three penalties called in the contest.
Ottawa is now on a four-game winning streak, with a 4-1-0 record since Karlsson went down. They’re now 11-6-2 in 19 games for 24 points, placing them fifth overall in the East as of this writing.
May 25, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Featuring a whole lot of Dan Bylsma.
May 25, 2015, 11:26 AM EDT
Have the Bolts learned their lesson?
May 25, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
He played just eight shifts in Sunday’s win.
May 25, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Wagner or Fleischman could draw in tonight.
May 25, 2015, 8:15 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
Two sides to the coin in a shutout.
May 24, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Bolts take a 3-2 series to Tampa Bay.
May 24, 2015, 9:36 PM EDT
The Lightning are 7-0 when scoring the first goal in the playoffs.
May 24, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Degree of difficulty: high.
May 24, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Blocking shots can be a grind, too, after all.
May 24, 2015, 8:07 PM EDT
May 24, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
No clarification on what would qualify as “dramatic.”
May 24, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Who will grab a 3-2 series lead?
May 24, 2015, 5:58 PM EDT
Can Anaheim grind this series out?
May 24, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Things weren’t a “perfect fit” for the blue liner in Nashville.
May 24, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He coached Edmonton to a 17-25-9 record after Dallas Eakins was fired in December.
May 24, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
He’s gone nine games without a point.
May 24, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
He has not played since April 24.
May 24, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
He’s set to become an unrestricted free agent in July.
May 24, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
He missed Game 4 due to an undisclosed injury.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)