Feb 23, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
It’s been almost a full month since Calgary Flames forward Sven Baertschi has played in a National Hockey League game.
That might change Saturday, when the Flames host their Northwest Division foes, the Minnesota Wild.
The 20-year-old Baertschi has been held out of the lineup since Jan. 26 with a hip flexor injury. Sitting out hasn’t been an enjoyable experience.
“It’s been a long time,” Baertschi told the Calgary Sun.
“I never like to be injured, you just wait the whole time and spend a lot of time in the weight room when you want to be on the ice. Now, it’s good to be back in a normal practice.”
If Baertschi does play, it might not be the only change to the Flames lineup.
Calgary on Thursday recalled Akim Aliu from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
That move appears to be a message that a little more toughness is needed in Calgary’s game.
“There’s a myriad of things I guess you could consider toughness on the ice,” Hartley told the Calgary Herald.
“For us, we need to be a group that stands up for one another and also, I guess have, have an aggressive tone to our game.
“I guess that will give you overall toughness.”
Apr 18, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT(Edit)
Apparently, the “Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, and Sharks are on board” with relocating their minor-league affiliates closer to home.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT(Edit)
The year was 1957…
Apr 18, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT(Edit)
Unlike the last coach he had in Vancouver.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT(Edit)
Devante Smith-Pelley will draw in.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT(Edit)
Usually he reserves that word for his own team.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT(Edit)
“It wasn’t very appropriate at all.”
Apr 18, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT(Edit)
“It’s a good step,” he said.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT(Edit)
Apr 18, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT(Edit)
Suggesting they’ll hold onto the fifth overall selection at this year’s draft.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT(Edit)
That would be the gesture right there.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT(Edit)
Plus a look at Game 2 of the Bolts-Habs and Stars-Ducks series.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:08 AM EDT(Edit)
He’ll try to end the year on an up note.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT(Edit)
They’re not intimidated by the Penguins.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:24 AM EDT(Edit)
Three games will keep your Friday night occupied.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1