Feb 23, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
It’s been almost a full month since Calgary Flames forward Sven Baertschi has played in a National Hockey League game.
That might change Saturday, when the Flames host their Northwest Division foes, the Minnesota Wild.
The 20-year-old Baertschi has been held out of the lineup since Jan. 26 with a hip flexor injury. Sitting out hasn’t been an enjoyable experience.
“It’s been a long time,” Baertschi told the Calgary Sun.
“I never like to be injured, you just wait the whole time and spend a lot of time in the weight room when you want to be on the ice. Now, it’s good to be back in a normal practice.”
If Baertschi does play, it might not be the only change to the Flames lineup.
Calgary on Thursday recalled Akim Aliu from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
That move appears to be a message that a little more toughness is needed in Calgary’s game.
“There’s a myriad of things I guess you could consider toughness on the ice,” Hartley told the Calgary Herald.
“For us, we need to be a group that stands up for one another and also, I guess have, have an aggressive tone to our game.
“I guess that will give you overall toughness.”
Dec 12, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
Perhaps up to $71 million for next season.
Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
Some kind of pace he’s on.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
Dropped third straight on Tuesday.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
Couple of beauties.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
Taking positives, despite result.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:27 PM EST
Interesting comment to make.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
Turned for the Flyers in second period, got worse from there.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
That was fast.
Dec 11, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Not a big deal to him, though.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Rivalry Night starts with a bang.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
“I’m sure it’s going to be up there. It’s going to be steep.”
Dec 11, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Tampa Bay-Washington game.
Dec 11, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
“I’m not too worried about someone coming after me.”
Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
Physical defenseman was 10th overall pick in his draft class.
Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Carolina-Edmonton game.
Dec 11, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Only five others have done it before.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Petr Mrazek called up from the AHL.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
It wasn’t plywood. Come on, people.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)