Feb 23, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
It’s been almost a full month since Calgary Flames forward Sven Baertschi has played in a National Hockey League game.
That might change Saturday, when the Flames host their Northwest Division foes, the Minnesota Wild.
The 20-year-old Baertschi has been held out of the lineup since Jan. 26 with a hip flexor injury. Sitting out hasn’t been an enjoyable experience.
“It’s been a long time,” Baertschi told the Calgary Sun.
“I never like to be injured, you just wait the whole time and spend a lot of time in the weight room when you want to be on the ice. Now, it’s good to be back in a normal practice.”
If Baertschi does play, it might not be the only change to the Flames lineup.
Calgary on Thursday recalled Akim Aliu from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
That move appears to be a message that a little more toughness is needed in Calgary’s game.
“There’s a myriad of things I guess you could consider toughness on the ice,” Hartley told the Calgary Herald.
“For us, we need to be a group that stands up for one another and also, I guess have, have an aggressive tone to our game.
“I guess that will give you overall toughness.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 5
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)