Feb 23, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
It’s been almost a full month since Calgary Flames forward Sven Baertschi has played in a National Hockey League game.
That might change Saturday, when the Flames host their Northwest Division foes, the Minnesota Wild.
The 20-year-old Baertschi has been held out of the lineup since Jan. 26 with a hip flexor injury. Sitting out hasn’t been an enjoyable experience.
“It’s been a long time,” Baertschi told the Calgary Sun.
“I never like to be injured, you just wait the whole time and spend a lot of time in the weight room when you want to be on the ice. Now, it’s good to be back in a normal practice.”
If Baertschi does play, it might not be the only change to the Flames lineup.
Calgary on Thursday recalled Akim Aliu from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
That move appears to be a message that a little more toughness is needed in Calgary’s game.
“There’s a myriad of things I guess you could consider toughness on the ice,” Hartley told the Calgary Herald.
“For us, we need to be a group that stands up for one another and also, I guess have, have an aggressive tone to our game.
“I guess that will give you overall toughness.”
- Kane, Toews may have toughest assignment yet in Hedman, Stralman 9
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 58
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 19
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 76
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 25
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 12
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)