Feb 23, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
It’s been almost a full month since Calgary Flames forward Sven Baertschi has played in a National Hockey League game.
That might change Saturday, when the Flames host their Northwest Division foes, the Minnesota Wild.
The 20-year-old Baertschi has been held out of the lineup since Jan. 26 with a hip flexor injury. Sitting out hasn’t been an enjoyable experience.
“It’s been a long time,” Baertschi told the Calgary Sun.
“I never like to be injured, you just wait the whole time and spend a lot of time in the weight room when you want to be on the ice. Now, it’s good to be back in a normal practice.”
If Baertschi does play, it might not be the only change to the Flames lineup.
Calgary on Thursday recalled Akim Aliu from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
That move appears to be a message that a little more toughness is needed in Calgary’s game.
“There’s a myriad of things I guess you could consider toughness on the ice,” Hartley told the Calgary Herald.
“For us, we need to be a group that stands up for one another and also, I guess have, have an aggressive tone to our game.
“I guess that will give you overall toughness.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)