Feb 23, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
In fact, enough blueliners have been banged up that it’s best just to list them in one post:
- San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns is “under evaluation” for an undisclosed problem, according to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz. Injuries already limited the 28-year-old blueliner to five games played this season. His return is questionable.
- Uh oh, there’s actually one more possible problem for the Rangers. One-time All-Star Dan Girardi couldn’t put weight on his foot/ankle after blocking a shot, the team reports.
- Key Columbus Blue Jackets cog Jack Johnson has been sidelined for the rest of their game with an upper-body problem, according to the team.
- Aaron Rome of the Dallas Stars suffered a lower-body injury and won’t be back, the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika reports.
- The Buffalo Sabres announced that Alexander Sulzer suffered a lower-body issue of his own and didn’t return.
- Big Nashville Predators blueliner Hal Gill is dealing with similar problems and left his game, too, according to The Tennessean’s Josh Cooper.
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld