Feb 22, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left tonight’s game against the Florida Panthers after taking a heavy hit into the end boards.
Malkin went sliding into the boards after coming together with Panthers defenseman Erik Gudbranson less than five minutes into the third period. Malkin was attended to by a member of the Penguins training staff before leaving the ice and going to the dressing room.
Malkin added an assist on a Chris Kunitz goal in the second period. For Malkin, it was his 17th helper of the season. The Penguins went on to defeat the Panthers 3-1.
Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma offered this update following the game:
“He’s getting further evaluated this evening; we’ll know more tomorrow,” he told NHL.com.
The Penguins also sent out an official update, reiterating Bylsma’s comments to the media.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)