Feb 22, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left tonight’s game against the Florida Panthers after taking a heavy hit into the end boards.
Malkin went sliding into the boards after coming together with Panthers defenseman Erik Gudbranson less than five minutes into the third period. Malkin was attended to by a member of the Penguins training staff before leaving the ice and going to the dressing room.
Malkin added an assist on a Chris Kunitz goal in the second period. For Malkin, it was his 17th helper of the season. The Penguins went on to defeat the Panthers 3-1.
Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma offered this update following the game:
“He’s getting further evaluated this evening; we’ll know more tomorrow,” he told NHL.com.
The Penguins also sent out an official update, reiterating Bylsma’s comments to the media.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)