Feb 22, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left tonight’s game against the Florida Panthers after taking a heavy hit into the end boards.
Malkin went sliding into the boards after coming together with Panthers defenseman Erik Gudbranson less than five minutes into the third period. Malkin was attended to by a member of the Penguins training staff before leaving the ice and going to the dressing room.
Malkin added an assist on a Chris Kunitz goal in the second period. For Malkin, it was his 17th helper of the season. The Penguins went on to defeat the Panthers 3-1.
Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma offered this update following the game:
“He’s getting further evaluated this evening; we’ll know more tomorrow,” he told NHL.com.
The Penguins also sent out an official update, reiterating Bylsma’s comments to the media.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32