Feb 22, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
(Note: it does look like Hall lead with his hip rather than his knee, but that discussion is more about semantics than anything else.)
Clutterbuck, 25, was taken out on a stretcher, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The first pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft received a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct on the play, which happened late in the third period of Minnesota’s 3-1 win against the Oilers on Thursday.
The Wild didn’t drop the gloves after that play, but they will host the Oilers on March 3 and face them twice more after that (on the road on April 16 and at home on April 26). If Minnesota chooses to make Hall, 21, answer for that hit, the team will have plenty of chances to do so.
Hall nearly faced a suspension during his temporary stay in the AHL, but it was overturned in November, according to Sportsnet.ca.
Jordan Eberle stood up for his teammate after the game.
“He’s not a dirty guy by any means,” Eberle said. “He didn’t mean to hurt him. You hate to see that.”
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)