Feb 22, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
(Note: it does look like Hall lead with his hip rather than his knee, but that discussion is more about semantics than anything else.)
Clutterbuck, 25, was taken out on a stretcher, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The first pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft received a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct on the play, which happened late in the third period of Minnesota’s 3-1 win against the Oilers on Thursday.
The Wild didn’t drop the gloves after that play, but they will host the Oilers on March 3 and face them twice more after that (on the road on April 16 and at home on April 26). If Minnesota chooses to make Hall, 21, answer for that hit, the team will have plenty of chances to do so.
Hall nearly faced a suspension during his temporary stay in the AHL, but it was overturned in November, according to Sportsnet.ca.
Jordan Eberle stood up for his teammate after the game.
“He’s not a dirty guy by any means,” Eberle said. “He didn’t mean to hurt him. You hate to see that.”
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 19
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4