Feb 22, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
(Note: it does look like Hall lead with his hip rather than his knee, but that discussion is more about semantics than anything else.)
Clutterbuck, 25, was taken out on a stretcher, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The first pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft received a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct on the play, which happened late in the third period of Minnesota’s 3-1 win against the Oilers on Thursday.
The Wild didn’t drop the gloves after that play, but they will host the Oilers on March 3 and face them twice more after that (on the road on April 16 and at home on April 26). If Minnesota chooses to make Hall, 21, answer for that hit, the team will have plenty of chances to do so.
Hall nearly faced a suspension during his temporary stay in the AHL, but it was overturned in November, according to Sportsnet.ca.
Jordan Eberle stood up for his teammate after the game.
“He’s not a dirty guy by any means,” Eberle said. “He didn’t mean to hurt him. You hate to see that.”
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)