Feb 22, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
(Note: it does look like Hall lead with his hip rather than his knee, but that discussion is more about semantics than anything else.)
Clutterbuck, 25, was taken out on a stretcher, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The first pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft received a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct on the play, which happened late in the third period of Minnesota’s 3-1 win against the Oilers on Thursday.
The Wild didn’t drop the gloves after that play, but they will host the Oilers on March 3 and face them twice more after that (on the road on April 16 and at home on April 26). If Minnesota chooses to make Hall, 21, answer for that hit, the team will have plenty of chances to do so.
Hall nearly faced a suspension during his temporary stay in the AHL, but it was overturned in November, according to Sportsnet.ca.
Jordan Eberle stood up for his teammate after the game.
“He’s not a dirty guy by any means,” Eberle said. “He didn’t mean to hurt him. You hate to see that.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 2
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)