Feb 22, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
(Note: it does look like Hall lead with his hip rather than his knee, but that discussion is more about semantics than anything else.)
Clutterbuck, 25, was taken out on a stretcher, according to Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The first pick of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft received a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct on the play, which happened late in the third period of Minnesota’s 3-1 win against the Oilers on Thursday.
The Wild didn’t drop the gloves after that play, but they will host the Oilers on March 3 and face them twice more after that (on the road on April 16 and at home on April 26). If Minnesota chooses to make Hall, 21, answer for that hit, the team will have plenty of chances to do so.
Hall nearly faced a suspension during his temporary stay in the AHL, but it was overturned in November, according to Sportsnet.ca.
Jordan Eberle stood up for his teammate after the game.
“He’s not a dirty guy by any means,” Eberle said. “He didn’t mean to hurt him. You hate to see that.”
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 1
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 47
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)