Feb 22, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
Ruff thanked everyone from ownership, past and present, to the players and, “most important,” the fans — “the people that have made this place real special for myself, my family. The fans in Western New York are number one.”
When asked about his future, Ruff offered no specifics, but confirmed he wants to keep coaching.
“I miss it already,” he said.
“I gotta keep going. I love the game.”
As for the struggling Sabres?
“They’re working hard at it,” Ruff said. “I feel their pain. … I think better days are right around the corner.”
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11