Feb 22, 2013, 3:24 PM EST
“I wish I could tell you I can come back today, tomorrow, Monday or the next but unfortunately I can’t,” said the Maple Leafs’ goalie after practicing Friday, per the Globe and Mail.
“It gets better every day and I’m happy with that.”
Not that Toronto is desperate for Reimer’s return. The Leafs have won three of the five games Ben Scrivens has started, a stretch that included back-to-back shutouts over Ottawa and Florida on Saturday and Monday.
Scrivens’ only poor outing came Tuesday in a 4-2 loss at Tampa Bay. Last night, he stopped 31 of 32 Buffalo shots in a 3-1 victory over the reeling Sabres, bettering his record to 5-4-0, with a .931 save percentage.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10