Feb 22, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
“I wish I could tell you I can come back today, tomorrow, Monday or the next but unfortunately I can’t,” said the Maple Leafs’ goalie after practicing Friday, per the Globe and Mail.
“It gets better every day and I’m happy with that.”
Not that Toronto is desperate for Reimer’s return. The Leafs have won three of the five games Ben Scrivens has started, a stretch that included back-to-back shutouts over Ottawa and Florida on Saturday and Monday.
Scrivens’ only poor outing came Tuesday in a 4-2 loss at Tampa Bay. Last night, he stopped 31 of 32 Buffalo shots in a 3-1 victory over the reeling Sabres, bettering his record to 5-4-0, with a .931 save percentage.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 0
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)