Feb 22, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
“I wish I could tell you I can come back today, tomorrow, Monday or the next but unfortunately I can’t,” said the Maple Leafs’ goalie after practicing Friday, per the Globe and Mail.
“It gets better every day and I’m happy with that.”
Not that Toronto is desperate for Reimer’s return. The Leafs have won three of the five games Ben Scrivens has started, a stretch that included back-to-back shutouts over Ottawa and Florida on Saturday and Monday.
Scrivens’ only poor outing came Tuesday in a 4-2 loss at Tampa Bay. Last night, he stopped 31 of 32 Buffalo shots in a 3-1 victory over the reeling Sabres, bettering his record to 5-4-0, with a .931 save percentage.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2