Feb 22, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
“I wish I could tell you I can come back today, tomorrow, Monday or the next but unfortunately I can’t,” said the Maple Leafs’ goalie after practicing Friday, per the Globe and Mail.
“It gets better every day and I’m happy with that.”
Not that Toronto is desperate for Reimer’s return. The Leafs have won three of the five games Ben Scrivens has started, a stretch that included back-to-back shutouts over Ottawa and Florida on Saturday and Monday.
Scrivens’ only poor outing came Tuesday in a 4-2 loss at Tampa Bay. Last night, he stopped 31 of 32 Buffalo shots in a 3-1 victory over the reeling Sabres, bettering his record to 5-4-0, with a .931 save percentage.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 3
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 2
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)