Feb 22, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
The concern over the health of Rangers winger Rick Nash grew on Friday with news that New York wouldn’t bring him to Montreal for Saturday’s game against the Canadiens — meaning Nash will miss a third consecutive game with an undisclosed injury.
Nash hasn’t played since Sunday’s 2-1 win over Washington. He was listed as questionable for the game, but participated in the warmup and proceeded to play a whopping 22:33, recording one assist and a game-high eight shots on goal.
Prior to the Caps game, Rangers head coach John Tortorella was pressed on exactly what Nash’s injury was.
“None of your business,” he told ESPN’s Katie Strang.
More, from Brooks:
The Rangers aren’t saying anything about the condition of Nash, who played two days after taking the unpenalized hit and then again three days after that despite a couple of days that we know of, when he wasn’t feeling well.
No one is saying whether No. 61 is suffering post-concussion symptoms. Perhaps more to the point, no one is saying he isn’t.
“I’m just trying to fore-check and do my job. I’m just trying to do what I get paid to do. I don’t hit dirty,” Lucic said. “I’ve had one [supplemental discipline] call about a hit in my six years so far. So you can criticize me if you want, but whatever.
I’ve had dings where little guys have hit me too, but I was fortunate that I didn’t have to miss any time. If I targeted the head then the league would have been looking at it very closely.
We’ve got our own team here and our own things to worry about.”
Here’s video of the Lucic-Nash hit:
There’s still no word on what Nash’s injury is, or if there’s a timetable for him to rejoin the team.
After Saturday’s game in Montreal, the Rangers will return to Madison Square Garden for a four-game homestand against the Jets, lightning, Sabres and Flyers.
In related news, the Rangers said there’ll be no update on injured defenseman Michael Del Zotto today. The club has recalled Steve Eminger from AHL Connecticut.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)