Feb 22, 2013, 12:38 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have another injured player. This time, it’s defenseman Kyle Quincey, who was forced to leave last night’s 3-2 home loss to the Blue Jackets.
According to general manager Ken Holland (per Detroit Free Press), Quincey is day-to-day with a left leg injury and is unlikely to play Saturday versus Nashville; however, he may be ready to go Sunday against the Canucks.
Wings coach Mike Babcock said last night that Quincey “rolled his ankle.”
Quincey has no points in 17 games, but the 27-year-old leads the team with a plus-10 rating.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)