Feb 22, 2013, 12:38 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have another injured player. This time, it’s defenseman Kyle Quincey, who was forced to leave last night’s 3-2 home loss to the Blue Jackets.
According to general manager Ken Holland (per Detroit Free Press), Quincey is day-to-day with a left leg injury and is unlikely to play Saturday versus Nashville; however, he may be ready to go Sunday against the Canucks.
Wings coach Mike Babcock said last night that Quincey “rolled his ankle.”
Quincey has no points in 17 games, but the 27-year-old leads the team with a plus-10 rating.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)